Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I find odd about the earnings notes AND this tweet, is that they talk about the next gen car coming from Giga TEXAS and NOT from Mexico which is where I thought that next gen $25K car was to be built?. Maybe they just mean the platform design/engineering/first production will come in Texas, but still. Does that mean that the delays we’ve heard about Mexico may continue or extend into 2025? I mean it IS quite a leap of faith at this point to drop ~ 2-3B or more and time effort and energy into building that factory.

Time to sell longs here for re-entry @$189.20 or $184.52 or $177, or further dump below $200 not so certain?
Asking for a friend...

What I find odd about the earnings notes AND this tweet, is that they talk about the next gen car coming from Giga TEXAS and NOT from Mexico which is where I thought that next gen $25K car was to be built?. Maybe they just mean the platform design/engineering/first production will come in Texas, but still. Does that mean that the delays we’ve heard about Mexico may continue or extend into 2025? I mean it IS quite a leap of faith at this point to drop ~ 2-3B or more and time effort and energy into building that factory.
Perhaps you missed it in the main forum but Elon has expressed that he has a hard time finding enough engineers willing to live in Mexico, especially those working on design. So the plan has shipped back to making Texas the spot to make the assembly line and then just have Mexico copy it.

• Informative
Reactions: cbh03 and tivoboy
they could ramp Austin, Berlin and Shanghai, before fully commiting to Mexico , which is delayed on tesla side until Elon is fully confident that economy is back in full swing ..
Mexico will not be ready till like end of 2025 ...

Last edited:
To take advantage of the high IV, right before close I STO:

15x -C230 1/26 @1.50
10x -C300 7/19/24 @ 5.75
10x -C275 9/20/24 @12.75
10x -C330 1/17/ 25 @11.25

Observation: This time waiting for the last 5 minutes to STO for more IV juice didn't help since SP fell from $209 to $207 into close without recovering, so any boosted IV gains was muted by the lower SP. Live and learn.

Now I need to decide how long to hold these or cash them out by weekend. I guess depends on how the call goes.

1706133887924.png

Time to sell longs here for re-entry @$189.20 or $184.52 or $177, or further dump below $200 not so certain?
Asking for a friend...
Oh, I think for certain that SELL then RE-BUY is the plan, but well that’s what makes a market. I didn’t sell my current position, since I’m planning to write more calls against it tomorrow…But call premium adjusted it’s only ~ $160 asp.

I didn’t sell my current position since I’m planning to write more calls against it tomorrow…But call premium adjusted it’s only ~ $160 asp.

That's a great idea, if planning to sell at around $200 mark then sell via very NTM CC's (i.e. -C205 or -C210) and capture premium and SP, risk is needing to wait for Friday close by which SP may recover from the dip, or is a looooong duration dip expected.

That's a great idea, if planning to sell at around $200 mark then sell via very NTM CC's (i.e. -C205 or -C210) and capture premium and SP, risk is needing to wait for Friday close by which SP may recover from the dip, or is a looooong duration dip expected.
We MAY see lower lows in the AH during the call, but most likely we’ll get more analyst downgrades overnight, so in the PM/AM market we could get another drop and test that $195 lvl again. Then, could rally, but frankly i really doubt we’re getting over $210+premium by Friday.

Again, not a recommendation.

I’d like to know if that is NET of IRA credits for battery cell production, because in a 80kw equipped car that is about $2800 in credits.
Guessing not since it should have caused a step change (unless its hidden/ diluted in the mix in Q1 since the chartis all cars and the credits are only US cells/modules), but they do adjust for it.
Q3 10Q:
"Our costs of revenue were also positively impacted by the IRA manufacturing credits earned during the current periods and by the United States dollar strengthening against our foreign currencies as compared to the prior periods."

Oh, I think for certain that SELL then RE-BUY is the plan, but well that’s what makes a market. I didn’t sell my current position, since I’m planning to write more calls against it tomorrow…But call premium adjusted it’s only ~ $160 asp.
Yep, it’s a sell and rebuy for sure. That best oppty may have passed by now, but I’m adjusting everything down to SUB $190 for any net entries. I need some peace at the moment but will figure out the -P positions early in the AM.