Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Elon recognition of achievements, meeting guidance for 2023 and decent forward looking was fair to good. The tone is positive, no?
The tone is muted, conservative and hedging..IMHO.. which it should be at this point. With just a tad of snarkyness. I think we have CAUTIOUS Elon, maybe he wants the stock lower, so handing over another 7-9% from the company won’t be too much of a stretch, who in the world knows.

What I AM happy about is that I’m pretty sure that as a 2018 M3 LR RWD owner with FULL FSD, LVL4 autonomy, I’m going to be able to either get A) a full transfer at some point to new vehicle - which I’m fine with or B) ~ 7500 in credit towards a future purchase.

Matches what we heard yesterday from the Reuters, no?

Honestly I’m finding this call extremely bullish, but then I’m able to see further than the end of next week
Well, the “news” was “in” 2025, and now EM is saying LATE/END of 2025.. which in EM time could mean 2026… regardless, doesn’t really matter, nobody is going to bet the farm on a 25K next gen car being delivered in LATE 2025, or 2026 and not at MEXICO COGS prices…personally, I’m not factoring this for short/near term pricing. I doubt any analyst other than the most bullish is going to try and model margin and revenue contribution for ~ Q4’25 into any DCF

Reactions: Jim Holder
That could be two long flat years for the stock. Just HODL’ing isn’t much fun then. Luckily we in this thread can kill the time selling options (and hopefully make some money).

Would be nice if Elon has actually tries to show some positivity. The stock is dead for 2024. In some ways it's good to get this period behind us and set low expectations. I hope we get another chance to load up on LEAPS but I also know that means our income from selling options could be impacted due to low premiums.

Well, the “news” was “in” 2025, and EM is saying LATE/END of 2025.. which is EM time could mean 2026… regardless, doesn’t really matter, nobody is going to bet the farm on a 25K next gen car being delivered in LATE 2025, or 2026 and not at MEXICO prices…personally, I’m not factoring this for short/near term pricing. I doubt any analyst other than the most bullish is going to try and model margin and revenue contribution for ~ Q4’25 into any DCF
He said “second half” - and I think he’s being far more cautious with his predictions than in the past

and I think he’s being far more cautious with his predictions than in the past
The tone is muted, conservative and hedging..IMHO.. which it should be at this point. With just a tad of snarkyness. I think we have CAUTIOUS Elon, maybe he wants the stock lower, so handing over another 7-9% from the company won’t be too much of a stretch, who in the world knows.

What I AM happy about is that I’m pretty sure that as a 2018 M3 LR RWD owner with FULL FSD, LVL4 autonomy, I’m going to be able to either get A) a full transfer at some point to new vehicle - which I’m fine with or B) ~ 7500 in credit towards a future purchase.
Concur

I've not sat on earning calls for other car or tech companies but will make it a point to satisfy my own curiosity. My expectation is that they aren't so rich in innovation on the product and cost management sides of the house. Everything they state as being hard, indeed is. It would be sensible for WS to begin valuing this company and like companies on their direction, not so much the quarter to quarter targets. Okay, done :)

Back to the topic of this thread ... I risked keeping 1/4 of my -p210/+p170 for Friday, so I'll have some work to do. Maybe a flip roll is in order? Those that I rolled out, I have some time but should also accept the SP will feel pressure.

Last edited:
I’ll start to add to long positions under $194 10-15% of overall position size target (I think max risk for 2024 is ~ $155), but will sell up to 70-80 -p CSP if premiums rise down to $175, targeting between $185-190 plus ~ 7-9$ in premium for next week or Feb/Mar. but, it’ll all really depend on earnings and call.

ADD: Interesting how low the volume today has been..I’ll have to see what prior DAY OF trading volumes were like.
roughly 4M closing cross though..

The call sounded good to me. So far down only down 5%. A March 1st $185p should be worth close to $7 tomorrow if we open where we are. Is that the expiration you have in mind?

Reactions: elasalle