Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you're really worried it's going to dump, sell DITM calls, easier to repair those than lost shares IMO, you'll always gain something from the extrinsic and can essentially roll forever against shares until recovery
This is the first thing I did yesterday to hedge my -P185 for today. And today if stock does not fall too much and keeps hovering at current levels per hour my loss declines and will match gain on -C 215 (for April, so mainly delta) at which I can close both, so do not have to roll -P. After that I will look at the next -P, which is Apr 19 205 and maybe hedge that with a -C for may-sept or so. This looks a lot better than panic-selling stock and rolling -p nov '22-jan '23.

Positive dealer delta (green bars) growing steadily heralded the dump and indicates it's likely to continue weak/down until we begin to see red bars (negative GEX):

Red=bullish/long
Green=bearish/short

1706280612394.png

Positive dealer delta (green bars) growing steadily heralded the dump and indicates it's likely to continue weak/down until we begin to see red bars (negative GEX):

Red=bullish/long
Green=bearish/short

View attachment 1012457
Herald over what time span?
The graph starts with rising green bars and rising stock price
Then red bars and flattish SP
Then green and rising
Then red and falling
Now green with flat and gap down

Reactions: Jim Holder

Red=bullish/long
Green=bearish/short

View attachment 1012457
Algo still pointing $186 for today, so pulling @ both sides I guess. Somewhere next week we could get SP177 and a bounce back into 185 again, that would create a nice day trade-week. I'll try to pick-up some additional Delta today, riding the small waves buying P and C (Theta being almost out of the way this is becoming a new risk-poor Friday habit. Riding the moves as early as possible with-the-trend and hopping of when the waves break. [edit]So first thing in a minute or two will be BTC C185 and doubling that down into in fact BTO C185. [/edit]

Last edited:
Herald over what time span?
The graph starts with rising green bars and rising stock price
Then red bars and flattish SP
Then green and rising
Then red and falling
Now green with flat and gap down

It's not a perfect signal rather meant to complement other signals so taken together it can help solidify a thesis.
Overall it's been fairly accurate. Note it requires more than 1-2 days of bars of same direction to solidify direction signal.

See SPY for example, deeper red bars correlated with ensuing pops and greens correlated with ensuing pullbacks:

1706282748967.png