Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's why NVDA and AMD are down AH. Maybe now is the time to sell Call on the Semi since they are at ATH ???

A wise guy once said "Tesla will go up when it want".
Well, AMD is down in slight sympathy with INTC, but more because it is up 100% in 2.5 months. That’s not right.

But I’ve now sold nearly 125K in calls for Feb/Mar against the other 95% of not TSLA holdings (MSFT, ADBE, AVGO, LLY, AMAT, AMD, NVDA, MAR, BKNG, GOOG, IBM, OKTA, others) since the start of the year. As long as we don’t go up ANOTHER 15%, it’ll all be fine.

Last edited:
I like her:

Is this the same person who said that she can’t get from Houston to Dallas in her MODEL S, without stopping “TWO TIMES” for 90 minutes to charge? I had to @ her that if that is the case, you’re doing it wrong.

I’ll also add, she’s been way more WRONG than right on her stock calls, so I wouldn’t follow many picks.

Last edited:
Well, AMD is down in slight sympathy with INTC, but more because it is up 100% in 2.5 months. That’s not right.

But I’ve now sold nearly 125K in calls for Feb/Mar against the other 95% of not TSLA holdings (MSFT, ADBE, AVGO, LLT, AMAT, AMD, NVDA, MAR, BKNG, GOOG, IBM, OKTA, others) since the start of the year. As long as we don’t go up ANOTHER 15%, it’ll all be fine.

The one and only Tivoboy.

Are the call prices for the other guys based on 15% OTM when sold? Or Delta being used?

15% for NVDA is nothing if sold beginning of the year so it should be more then that.

Reactions: UncaNed
The one and only Tivoboy.

Are the call prices for the other guys based on 15% OTM when sold? Or Delta being used?

15% for NVDA is nothing if sold beginning of the year so it should be more then that.
No, most were sold somewhere between 8-15% (I like to live on the edge, pick timing based on events and my macro projections and these are mostly in tax deferred accounts). NVDA might be the one that gets away though since it WAS 15% OTM, but at $630 for MAR I might be squeezed out. It was a $20 call when the stock was ramping, I should have known.

Now, back to my TSLA homework.

Per Wicked update today:

If Tesla close below 174. Then look for 110 in 3-4 weeks. Closed above 196 look for 219 in 2-3 weeks.

Buckle up guys.

Cary nailed TSLA’s major moves impeccably in the almost year that I’ve been following him. He is an excellent chartist.

My only regret is not having the huevos to pull the trigger and sell when his major supports are broken, each time thinking "nah, it won’t fall further, it’s about to bounce…" etc. He called the loss of $227 as a signal for $194 and $177. He was right again.

Paralysis happened to me again today at the break of $194, I said “it’s so oversold, on SSR, no way it goes much lower,” only to see it slowly drift to and hit $180.

Yes, I should have sold at $228 and waited for the blood to staunch and get back in then (could have been a $288k win on commons alone between $228 and $180.05…). But I didn’t because of the earnings risk and an over-optimistic view I have on everything in life.

Going to try to find the courage when the opportunity comes again, even if only with 1,000 shares instead of all, to get used to it.

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5377.jpeg

IMG_5374.jpeg

Cary nailed TSLA’s major moves impeccably in the almost year that I’ve been following him. He is an excellent chartist.

My only regret is not having the huevos to pull the trigger and sell when his major supports are broken, each time thinking "nah, it won’t fall further, it’s about to bounce…" etc. He called the loss of $227 as a signal for $194 and $177. He was right again.

Paralysis happened to me again today at the break of $194, I said “it’s so oversold, on SSR, no way it goes much lower,” only to see it slowly drift to and hit $180.

Yes, I should have sold at $228 and waited for the blood to staunch and get back in then (could have been a $288k win on commons alone between $228 and $180.05…). But I didn’t because of the earnings risk and an over-optimistic view I have on everything in life.

Going to try to find the courage when the opportunity comes again, even if only with 1,000 shares instead of all, to get used to it.

View attachment 1012336

View attachment 1012337

View attachment 1012338
Cary says 176 should hold and we should see 230s again soon. I hope he's right.

View attachment 1012336

View attachment 1012337

View attachment 1012338
Me too. I'm not smart enough for options, or for timing the market, so I'll just try to time the market. Sold 50 at 202. I was pondering a thousand but unfortunately I'm a chicken. I was pondering selling 50 more at 180 and buying back 100 if it got to 190 for a wash, just in case it continues to crash. Is there a thread for timing the market with commons?

Cary says 176 should hold and we should see 230s again soon. I hope he's right.

Yes. He said we can close shorts there and go long for $230 and expect TSLA to cycle back down here. He also said if we lose and close below $174.48 (1% below $176.23) then expect $109 in an accelerated fashion 🧨

I also hope $180-$175 is the last of the pain! I just don’t know what TSLA will do when the rest of the market corrects, unless that’d be the return to $170 from $230 🤷‍♂️

Never a dull moment, that’s for sure!

View attachment 1012336

View attachment 1012337

View attachment 1012338
You are not alone in this thought process, too many of us are way too optimistic too much of the time. I had a discussion with an advisor who told me to strongly consider trimming my position in TSLA when we were at 255. Told told him no. Well here we are.

Me too. I'm not smart enough for options, or for timing the market, so I'll just try to time the market. Sold 50 at 202. I was pondering a thousand but unfortunately I'm a chicken. I was pondering selling 50 more at 180 and buying back 100 if it got to 190 for a wash, just in case it continues to crash. Is there a thread for timing the market with commons?

Lol. It’s a game of chicken. For me my fear is if I’m wrong the cost is $6,000 for each dollar it goes against me, meaning if I’m out at $194 and it bounces @ $193 back to $198 I’m out $24k. But oddly the greater losses of my longs just holding as they tank doesn’t jangle the same nerves.

You can use the information in the thread. Most of us gave up on trying to use shares. Easier to use options if you aren't using margin.

Upper twenty? That is nuts... No way in hell.

I agree with you. Everyone is having fun saying it, it’s not fun or funny.

“This month tells me that there is likely better entries coming over the next few months, so I'm holding and not doing anything drastic. If it drops further, to $60 or $100, then so be it. There's no guarantee that it'd get there, but I'll be averaging down at $150, $100 and $60, and it'd be great to lower my cost average to less than $100. Some people couldn't take the pain, and that plan may not be for you. But you have to know what you're getting yourself into.”