Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an exit plan for those +190/-185 put spread exp 3/22?

Is this what you're talking about?
+190P
-185P

1709229715132.png

Last edited:
you don't have to spot a triple top on different timeframes like that, just like whether it's touched a trendline on what timeframe.
A triple top is a triple top regardless of timeframe.

Asking to learn -- I've seen two schools on double and triple tops:

1) If it can't go up it's going down (start shorting).
2) The more times it tries eventually it'll get through, especially if consolidating near it (neutral/long)

Which have you found to be true for TSLA?

1709230301074.png

Last edited:
I believe this shows the max pain and share price values as of each Friday close, and MP could have changed dramatically during the previous week. What I’m curious about is whether MP a week or two ahead of time predicts with any accuracy future SP. For example, does MP as of a Monday “day zero” predict SP for “day 11”?
I just checked and it's showing both daily MP and SP

Just discovered this thread. I've been trading CCs since December, I kind of just arbitrarily pick a far out (10%, 15% otm strike) on a green day and close out at 0.05 or let it expire if it's still far otm. I haven't had any losses yet (I'm on my 9th trade). Do you guys have any tips for a newbie? My shares are low basis so I don't want to do lower strikes to get exercised to play puts until I get assigned.
Yeah, keep trading 10 - 15% out, you'll probably do quite OK 99/100

Keep taking small, safe wins, don't go closer to the money, will go well a few times, you'll go closer in, make higher risk bets, then the rug will get pulled and you'll lose more than you gained to date

Happened to most of use here

No-one ever lost money making consistently small trades, however low the ROIC

SW EW alt bullish view:

If this is going to really be "more than iv" we know the approx. region for A of (3) and that that is likely to be a circle abc.
This can be a micro 1-2 start to a green c-wave of (a) of circle a.
Support ~$192's.

1-hr
1709231848408.png

4-hr
1709232258173.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Guys just some honest feedbacks regarding Long and Spread. These are all Gambling Plays.
You are betting either up or down in SP movements. The dog been burned almost hairless making those bets,

Don't risk it,. If you do - limit the bet to your % earning per week so you don't burn into your equities/margin. This is my plan moving forward.

dl003, Cary, Yoona have all provided us the max low and max high. Jim provided those inputs wrap up in a single chart. Just sell Call or Puts based on those.

In doubt - Copy Yoona - I haven't seen any lost from her ;)

Hi gang, just arrived in Denmark for a long weekend. Road-tripping up from Belgium in a Model X Plaid does to wonders for reinforcing how good Teslas are - total autobahn destroyer! And the speed of Supercharging these days, hardly time to pee! Plus the SuC's are literally everywhere, quite the change from when I got my first Model S P85 10 years ago...

Anyway, just so happened have a charging stop bang on market open, so closed out this week's NVDA -p780's and the SMCI -p800's -> likely I could leave these to expire, but have a funeral tomorrow and not sure when the "festivities" will end, so want to deal with as much as I can today

BTC 10x NVDA -p780 (net +$7.2) -> STO 10x 3/8 -p770 @$10.1
BTC 2x SMCI -p800 (net +$28.35)

Have a sell order for 2x SMCI 3/8 -p800 set, almost triggered, now needs another dip, will wait and see. This stock has the habit to move +/-10% daily, both ways! Long term play anyway, so the exact premium isn't that important, but prefer to get more than less

Still holding TSLA 20x -p200, 20x -c200 & 50x -c210 for this week, probably will need to wait until tomorrow to deal with those...

tomorrow is a news heavy day with PMI and Consumer Sentiment coming out. Don't be surprised to see the market shooting up on seemingly unworthy news. Once that's done, brace for the drop.

Make sure you track RIVN, LCID, ROKU, SNOW, any stock that has dropped heavily without much recovery. When they start squeezing, that's as good a signal as any the top is being made.