Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SW EW update:

TSLA would have looked better for OML continuing down as a vth of C from 205s on 2/16. Challenging that level now is starting to be "more than iv" although not a reliable confirmation of a bottom to wave (2) yet.

It is still prudent to ALLOW for OML in the C of (2) toward the $160s even if it is becoming less probable.

Even allowing for that lower low, the Risk:Reward here for a longer-term swing as the rest of an Ending Diagonal for Primary wave 5 of Cycle III targeting well North of $700 (~2026-2027) is GREAT.

Can start to build a long position with these parameters and watch the smaller degrees for further confirmation, leaving room to add in $160s (and maybe even $153s) if we do get it.

Remember this is an Ending Diagonal, which means the (3) should be an ABC move, and that A can be an abc. Diagonals can be choppy, but at this degree that should provide many smaller multi-day & multi-week swings to trade within the pattern too.

STO some 3/22 $200cc's @ $11.0 when SP was around $204.

Also holding:
3/1 $210cc's
3/8 $215cc's
3/28 $200cc's
3/28 $215cc's

All of these were opened this week around $203-$205 levels, but over different days. They are breakeven to slightly green right now.

I see us dropping to the 190's before we breakout above $210.

Upon decent drop will close most of these calls. Not intending to hold to expiration.
Makes sense. Good plays.

I’m positioned for either direction, with a bias to sell into $207-$210 if it tries it and get back in if it closes and stays over. Then to watch for weakness if any and get out then.

Just to clarify, you are saying TSLA back to $195 mid-March, and since it’s a free-for-all range maybe even lower but not lower than $175?
The reason I'm unemployed right now is because I can't stand being asked redundant questions. "Are you sure of this?" "Yes mam, it's just math, mam." Seems like no matter how many times I say something, I always need to clarify myself once more.
There's no telling. 175 is the bottom. Between here and 175 is free for all.
I only (90%) trade TSLA so cant comment too much on SPY. Right now SPY is showing diminishing momentum but still creeping up. This can go on for a long time but when the time comes and its gonna come, it will be ugly. Hard to predict the timing, though.

My default scenario for TSLA is a few more days of choppy down action, then a spike to fill the 207 gap. When that happens I will observe the PA for further project. 195 magnet for end of March.

Just discovered this thread. I've been trading CCs since December, I kind of just arbitrarily pick a far out (10%, 15% otm strike) on a green day and close out at 0.05 or let it expire if it's still far otm. I haven't had any losses yet (I'm on my 9th trade). Do you guys have any tips for a newbie? My shares are low basis so I don't want to do lower strikes to get exercised to play puts until I get assigned.

Just discovered this thread. I've been trading CCs since December, I kind of just arbitrarily pick a far out (10%, 15% otm strike) on a green day and close out at 0.05 or let it expire if it's still far otm. I haven't had any losses yet (I'm on my 9th trade). Do you guys have any tips for a newbie? My shares are low basis so I don't want to do lower strikes to get exercised to play puts until I get assigned.
Welcome! I'd suggest start at the beginning of this thread, a lot of great material there, read thought it all and watch the courses posted.

Best of luck!

Welcome! As a start, read all YTD posts in this thread plus the first few pages that include @adiggs admonition to do the study course. There are various opinion leaders and various approaches in the thread, some technical analysis oriented and some more feel for stock momentum, so you pick what you think makes sense. Implicitly, all posts are “not financial advise”, you’re on your own :)

Being associated with Justin Bieber might not rank high on the bucket list for a few people. Just saying...
I still remember Bieber got caught by police while driving a shiny chrome wrapped Fisker ....

Surprisingly still popular among kids, though.

ps : In other news, I got the invite for FS CT. Yet to decide whether to order ....

Be careful. Stick to CCs and cash secured Puts for a LONG time. Many of us got sucked into the rabbit hole of increasing risks for increases profits, until we lost $millions.

I got scared of spreads after my first $1,500 loss. I'm a fast learner.
Spread and going Long will knock your wallet fast. Selling Call/Put is the safer path but can also be much less rewarding.

I have learned not to go into spread or Long till receiving some conviction from the Team and especially our TA expert - dl003 :)

Triple top also spotted at the 2hrs timeframes.

1709228133925.png