Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tivoboy of all the brokerages you use, which one do you like the best for order execution and also mobile user interface? My TDA account is scheduled to be moved to Schwab in May, and I am a little bit worried as most people seem to be not very happy with Schwab (based on online posts). I am wondering if I should switch to something like IBKR or any others?
I don’t have any problem with SCHW, just that I’m only really using TOS for those accounts, and my TDA legacy accounts. So, assuming you’re USA, you can use TOS for SCHW. I only have to access their website for statements and such, and some easier downloads. THEIR mobile app is s…and would be a nightmare to have to use daily. But mobile TOS, just fine and dandy.

Reactions: khill
I can see it, but that doesn’t mean i think it’s going to happen.. I will say, there is a LOT of TA that is pointing to low 100’s or below 100. Again, not saying its going to happen, but with a declining 50 day, and well below the downward sloping 200, MACD below 0 mostly, relative low volumes, and then just the narrative. I don’t really know what is going to act as a catalyst to pull it up.
How many people and even Hedge Funds guys etc who try the free FSD are going to buy TSLA shares..
That is the catalyst in my opinion

Back home haven’t tried 12.3.3, but previous version took be ~ 18 miles round trip to the Dr with one intervention on flashing left turn lights-
If more people experience these kinds of drives they gonna think - I need to buy shares

+ before v12 one could say FSD was <30% solved, I think with v12 we can pessimistically say FSD > 75% solved

+ been testing FSD capabilities since December 2022

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Morgan Stanley cuts Tesla PT to $310 from $320 and keeps 'Buy' coverage, says, 'Weaker-than-expected Q1 deliveries will find a BOTTOM by the Q2, but is a clear sign of the ongoing EV ‘shake-out’ phase.

FY'24 delivery forecast is CUT to 1.75M (down 3.3% YoY) and a projected $2.3B cash burn for Tesla.

Analyst Comments: “Negative developments in the global EV market very much matter to Tesla and should reasonably have a negative NEAR-TERM impact on the price of the stock.”

“At the same time, however, we believe investors should NOT ignore the continued developments of Tesla’s other plays, many of which are auto-related (i.e. the recurring revenue opportunity from the Tesla fleet – embedded in our Tesla Network Services valuation) and other areas that we do not include within our $310 target.”

“We think numbers bottom by 2Q results, well before a major rejuvenation of the model cycle.”

Credit: WallStEngine

@tivoboy of all the brokerages you use, which one do you like the best for order execution and also mobile user interface? My TDA account is scheduled to be moved to Schwab in May, and I am a little bit worried as most people seem to be not very happy with Schwab (based on online posts). I am wondering if I should switch to something like IBKR or any others?
FWIW I tried IBKR and ditched them immediately. After using TD Ameritrade’s app and TOS mobile and desktop for 2-3 years, I was very disappointed with IBKR’s mobile and desktop offerings, and terrible customer service (try getting someone on the phone!). I was spoiled by TDAmeritrade and TOS and will stay after the transition because they are keeping TOS (desktop and mobile) and will have the same customer support teams, both of which are excellent.

The only thing I don’t like about the transition is that the TD Ameritrade mobile app is being shut down and I’ll need to use the TOS mobile app which is great just takes getting used to. The Schwab mobile app will also work, but has some catching up to do in terms of features and look and feel.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
4/19 is -GEX/Put heavy

1712236125649.png

1712236190678.png

4/26 - Virtually ZERO +GEX/calls 👀

1712236313294.png

1712236328997.png

5/3 - Maybe some recovery

1712236399915.png

1712236421579.png

Reactions: DaBooster
My problem right now is that I'd love to write some puts against my July +p150's, but I'm convinced the moment I do so, the stock will crash... 😬

I see there were substantial price-cuts in Australia today for the M3&Y, but the SP staying at MP for the moment

Get on with it already!
Did you actually write those Puts ? Because it seems to have just crashed few minutes after open ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid
Did you actually write those Puts ? Because it seems to have just crashed few minutes after open ;)
Not yet... minimum I would want would be $2 for -p150's, and we're nowhere near there.. TBH I don't think it's a good idea to write any puts until after earnings, then if it doesn't dump, maybe...

Watch out, 3x FEDs later today:

1712238193619.png

if it can close any 30m candle above 170, I'd brace for some more upside.

Can you please tell us what changed your mind ?
Yesterday, you predicted to test the 170-171 level before more downside, which this opening has shown to be 100% on target prediction, but now you say instead of more downside we can expect more upside ?

On the 2H timeframe, the trend support was at 170-171. Since we have not tested it after the break down, I said there's a good chance we'll go up to test that level this week before any more downside can be expected. That's happening right now.

Reactions: saniflash
Reactions: Yoona