Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, TSLA we know all about, but what's killing the macro?
Fear of global geo-political escalation, OIL rising (though not today, it would) and overall E not pulling us out of high P/E levels for the time being. Ain’t it grand?

With yields rising, and $DXY rising, it usually means investor’s big ones are selling their bonds (thus yields rising) and taking their MONEY HOME, capital repatriation. It’s a general negative global political move..

I still think one way or another 1-2M barrels of Iranian oil is at risk, either via sanctions or disruptions, which is not what the global economy needs right now

NFA

Last edited:
The short term chart is not clean & bullish anymore. The last low of 164 didn't hold. However, the bearish momentum clearly has stalled below so I don't see anything I can do at this point that has a good R:R. Even if we're going to break 160.51 before ER, the daily RSI has clearly been trying to curl up so a break won't be enough; it has to be an outright crash. I can't predict a crash.

The pattern is similar to April 2023 but momentum not so; maybe the fact that we're so oversold is preventing us from dropping much further. However, if ER is really that bad, that can cause the crash needed for capitulation.

I still think we remain in range till ER.

This week is going to be the 3rd straight week SPY closes red. The first wave of a correction in SPY typically lasts about 3 weeks. Something spooked the market 2 hours ago and that seemed to be Israel's saying that they'll launch a response. Over the weekend I expected the market to bounce on Monday as VIX gets crushed. That was proven to be short lived. This is going to hold the market hostage until the smoke and threats are in its rearview mirror.

Last edited:
Fear of global geo-political escalation, OIL rising (though not today, it would) and overall E not pulling us out of high P/E levels for the time being. Ain’t it grand?

With yields rising, and $DXY rising, it usually means investor’s big ones are selling their bonds (thus yields rising) and taking them MONEY HOME, capital repatriation. It’s a general negative global political move..

NFA

Retail sales?

They came in good which is causing Treasury rates to spike even more. We simply haven't gotten the data yet to support a June rate cut and seems like the market is finally pricing in that June rate cuts are off the table now

Yes, these point I'm aware of, but a lot of stocks were quite green early on, then took three big dump across all sectors, the biggest starting 13:15, but I see no specific news to justify that, might perhaps be when Israel announced they were going to "do something, sooner rather than later"...

Boy, if only I'd put my net worth into Fisker FSRN at open -> +100% 😂

1713205465334.png

Last edited:
The short term chart is not clean & bullish anymore. The last low of 164 didn't hold. However, the bearish momentum clearly has stalled below so I don't see anything I can do at this point that has a good R:R. Even if we're going to break 160.51 before ER, the daily RSI has clearly been trying to curl up so a break won't be enough; it has to be an outright crash. I can't predict a crash.

The pattern is similar to April 2023 but momentum not so; maybe the fact that we're so oversold is preventing us from dropping much further. However, if ER is really that bad, that can cause the crash needed for capitulation.

I still think we remain in range till ER.

This week is going to be the 3rd straight week SPY closes red. The first wave of a correction in SPY typically lasts about 3 weeks. Something spooked the market 2 hours ago and that seemed to be Israel's saying that they'll launch a response. Over the weekend I expected the market to bounce on Monday as VIX gets crushed. That was proven to be short lived. This is going to hold the market hostage until the smoke and threats are in its rearview mirror.

Thanks for the update. From what you recall has TSLA been able to rally or even just maintain range/flat with SPY and QQQ under the 50-day? I'm fearing if this drags on the overall gravity will be too strong to fight against and it'll be sell any rip across the board, so better to prepare for more downside.

Reactions: thenewguy1979
Thanks for the update. From what you recall has TSLA been able to rally or even just maintain range/flat with SPY and QQQ under the 50-day? I'm fearing if this drags on the overall gravity will be too strong to fight against and it'll be sell any rip across the board, so better to prepare for more downside.
TSLA underperforms SPY and QQQ since 2nd-3rd wk of 2023

1713208455577.png

Reactions: dc_h
TSLA underperforms SPY and QQQ since 2nd-3rd wk of 2023

View attachment 1038771
Nice.. looking at the longer term chart it appears that the OVERSHOOT late 2021 compared to SPY, was very similar to the UNDERSHOOT in 2023 to SPY.. similar to Jul 2023, so I wonder what that portends for whatever “correction” the SPY is going through now, if it IS going to repeat similarly, it would indicate that there is MORE undershoot to occur with TSLA relative to the timing of whatever this SPY corrective phase or re-rating is. I might try and do some of the actual maths for this in the next couple days. I don’t think it something one will miss in the very short term.

IMG_1320.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. This would imply more downside for TSLA if markets sell off more and stays below the 50-day. Which implies something like -C175 5/17 (covered) isn't a terrible R:R. Would you agree (NFA)?
5/17 possible 160-200

200 has more gamma but 160 is in an equally-tall "cluster" which is likelier magnet

but too early to tell

1713208838994.png

Last edited:
last time TSLA visited 161, SPY was at 520. Now after all the negativity and SPY 504, where are we supposed to be? I'm still short SPY heavily and added more today. You certainly can short TSLA but I don't see the R:R myself.

Tesla puts ‘$25,000 electric car’ codenamed NV9 on back burner despite what Elon Musk said​

Electrek can confirm that Tesla indeed put its upcoming ‘$25,000 electric car, sometimes referred to as ‘Model 2’, on the back burner despite what Elon Musk said.

The project was codenamed NV9.

Tesla has been working on its ‘next-generation vehicle platform’ that is expected to enable much cheaper electric vehicles. The automaker has previously talked about two upcoming vehicles on the platform:
  • a model cheaper and smaller than Model 3, sometimes being referred as the “$25,000 Tesla” or “Model 2”
  • Tesla Robotaxi: a new vehicle designed from the ground-up for self-driving.
A few weeks ago, Reuters reported that “Tesla has canceled the long-promised inexpensive car”.

As usual, there’s more to the story. It’s likely that Musk’s blanket denial of the report is due to Reuters claiming that the vehicle was “scrapped” and “canceled”.

Electrek can confirm that the program, which was internally called ‘NV9’, was postponed, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Musk might take issues with claiming that it is “canceled”, but the project is effectively scratched right now as Tesla is putting all resources into its self-driving effort.

According to sources familiar with the matter, Musk told Tesla’s team in Austin in December 2023 that NV9, an expansion of Gigafactory Texas for the new cheaper next-gen model, was a priority for 2024.

However, the project was recently completely defunded, and many people involved in it were laid off as part of the round of layoffs announced today.

Instead, Musk said that he wanted Tesla to focus on the south expansion of Gigafactory Texas, which is going to house a giant data center for the Robotaxi project.

According to people familiar with the project, it is already behind schedule, and there’s serious doubt that it can be completed by the end of August, which is the timeline Musk has been pushing for.

Shortly after denying the report that the cheaper model was canceled, Musk announced that Tesla would unveil its Robotaxi on August 8th.

Electrek’s Take​

I have been saying it for a while now. Elon, mister truth seeker, is not above stretching the truth and being misleading. This is a great example.

While we can argue all day about the words scrapped, canceled, postponed, or put on the back-burner, there was certainly more truth than falsehood in that original report.

Effectively, Tesla is not working on this NV9 project anymore, and it is focusing on Robotaxi instead. That’s the truth, which you wouldn’t know if you just read Elon’s denial of the report and moved on. That seems to be Elon’s goal lately, with his constant attacks on the media.

They don’t get everything right, which is impossible to do, so you focus on what they get wrong to bury what they got right but you don’t want people to know.

https://electrek.co/2024/04/15/tesl...named-nv9-back-burner-despite-elon-musk-said/