Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the run up over 178, I was able to sell all but 2 of my calls for this Friday at a small profit...whew, I really thought I was going to take a major loss. Can't figure TSLA out lately...when we think it will run, it turns bearish, but when i think bearish, it runs, go figure on these technicals???

As we approach the key $180, I am still waiting to sell any CC’s.. Always a chance that it could reject here and head back down and I will have missed my opportunity, but I don’t like the premiums for this week’s 190’s so will wait it out and see what happens later today and if there is a possibility for a strong close and a gap up tomorrow. If this was the local top, then that will become apparent by tomorrow, I think, and I will adjust my expectations for any meaningful premium income this week

Yes. I'll probably sell that strike for 6/28, in addition to the 165/160 and 162.5/160 put spreads I already have for next week.

STO a handful of:
-C190 6/28 @6.20
-C215 7/19 @3.70

More comfortable with the second than the first, but as you indicate looking for a retrace down before that date, or will just roll if needed.

Reactions: EnzoXYZ
Not sure if anyone else received a call, but I just got a VM from someone representing the Tesla Board asking:

“This is Greg Dyer calling on behalf of the board directors Tesla incorporated for XXXXX XXXXXX. This is a personal business matter please return my call at 1- 8 7 7- 8 0 0- 5 1 8 2 We are available 10 AM to 7 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday At 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturday Thank you…”

They were calling to see if I had any questions on voting.

Gotta say, this is a little freaky. I already voted all of my shares. Yet, they are doing a “full court press” to get the vote out.
My thoughts are this is not looking good for Elon and his pay package…but maybe I am reading too much into this.

Thoughts?
It could be bad for the vote, or they may just want a solid majority. If they win with 51% of the vote, it is not a strong vote of confidence.

It is unfortunate they don't address the BOD and the package in a way to inspire more confidence that Elon won't break the piggy bank again.

What happened to Troy's objective analysis?

1716303440830.png

Midmarket:
Red dominates - Put buying=Neutral (?)
Green dominates - Call buying=Neutral (?)

M=Mid-Price, cannot tell if buy or sell

1716303544356.png

"Also, for trades that execute at the mid-price (M), we can not predict because we do not know whether this order was a purchase or sale."

What happened to Troy's objective analysis?

View attachment 1049154
But easy to spray down and wash off the vomit at an SC charging/wash repair center. Probably would be one of those lovely synthetic polymers with nano-technology to avoid bacterial penetration and facilitate easy clean up even after possibly hours before attention.

• Funny
Reactions: Jim Holder
On 2/20/2024 I bought a 185 Call EXP 6/21/2024 for $25.13 as a test to see how I would fair with an extra CC that I do not have the shares to cover. Over the 13 weeks before the sale I was able to sell one extra call at a strike that was closer to ATM then I usually sell at. There was some weeks around earnings that I skip selling calls. These were the premiums I got: .59, 1.38, 1.9, 1.96, .86, 1.06, 1.85, .79, 1.08, 2.84 total of 14.31. On 5/14 I sold the call for 6.41 with a loss of 4.41 (including all the extra premiums collected).

During that time the SP went from ~192 to ~202 to ~142 and finally ~178 at STC date. Looking back, it was really bad timing to buy a call but there was a good week to sell the call at a great profit too. I think I would be more encouraged to try again if I bought the call when the share price was about ~$10 less. All in all I have learn a good amount how prices affect calls and my +/- emotions. The biggest take away was worrying about expiration date looming with share price far away from ITM prior to earnings. Had earnings reaction been negative I probably would have another $400-500 loss. I may try again if we have another big dip.

Not much help from MM over 180:

1716304697869.png

Spot GEX Bars:
GEX bars are not predictive of targets, but of dealer support fueling momentum as trading moves toward them

Green bars above spot= Fuels bullish momentum, the larger the bar the stronger the effect
Red bars below spot= Fuels bearish momentum, the larger the bar the stronger the effect

Green bars below spot= Support/pinning
Red bars above spot= Resistance/pinning

Small/no Gamma bars=illiquid zone/prices can move faster inside them

Reactions: DaBooster
[/QUOTE]
But easy to spray down and wash off the vomit at an SC charging/wash repair center. Probably would be one of those lovely synthetic polymers with nano-technology to avoid bacterial penetration and facilitate easy clean up even after possibly hours before attention.

Just need one of those toilet built into the seat that can wash itself. Bam - forget about the Moon we aiming for Mar…..