Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1715366038936.png

Reactions: UncaNed
I note that most of the EV stocks have a similar profile as TSLA today, seems that rumours of Biden slapping a 100% import-duty on CN manufactured cars has spooked the auto markets

Add to that Tesla's general state of chaos and the nut-cases in Berlin, and here we are

Nasty. Once again...
On the other hand it's doesn't take much to pump it back up.

FSD 12.4 next week and if true removed the hand nag. That a big plus. TSLA India? FSD licensing? Still more that can be pump.

The stock took a big beating much earlier so guess it's now more resilient to FUD?

This is purely cautionary. QQQ and SPY both have an ugly 2H reversal candle and are bear flagging. However, TSLA is notorious for AH news and the 2H chart is saying a local bottom is near.
On the other hand, the hourly 200 SMA is lost in TSLA so I'd also go light on short puts. I'd not be surprised if SPY and QQQ opens Monday gapping down > -0.5%. Absent news in the AH, we'll probably see low 160s earlier than I though.

Let's just be grateful we are not in the $100-120 range thanks to the short squeeze after ER
Yeah, because we positioned for that and got the rug pulled... would have made $1/2million if we went down there at that moment, as should have happened :mad:

Now we're all jumping up and down for a $169 close and will think it's some kind of win 😂

Traded 3 DTE and 2 DTE ICs, each sold leg at .04 delta , 100 wide against SMCI and MSTR ... netted 1.891 % on 100k at risk. Yep, I said I'd stay away from spreads but this week the price action of these two was relatively flat, good use of IC. I started the week watching each, checking OI, noting put call ratio, OI shift day to day, vanna, gamma, delta, staying 3 or more STDEV expected SP move, picking strikes based on probability of profit > 96% per optionstrat. It's a lot of work but well worth the while. Overnight exposure and black swan are my greatest fear; I have lot to earn before I show a profit. Sitting on hands until Wednesday/Thursday helps.

I'd like to sell some TSLA CC for next week but we will be traveling. Thinking 180-185 might be safe but need to see a small pop. Sound about right? OPEX next week doesn't help. Still have the long puts that I'd like to free shares from but need to see low 160's or better to sell back.

GLTA!

Reactions: tivoboy
Yeah, because we positioned for that and got the rug pulled... would have made $1/2million if we went down there at that moment, as should have happened :mad:

Now we're all jumping up and down for a $169 close and will think it's some kind of win 😂
For the first time going into ER I felt prepared...and felt good about it...which was uncommon as I have been too bullish; the rug pull set me back quite a bit as well.

Reactions: Max Plaid
PSA:
All you TDA folks.. t-minus TEN MINUTES till final conversion.. the happening is happening..

GET THOSE SCREENSHOTS of basis if you haven’t already.

I’m raising a glass to Ameritrade for the last ~ 30 years of enabling me to make a lot of coin leading into the 2000’s and after, leading into the financial crises and after (this is when I learned to trade options), the recovery after the GFC, 2015, 2018, 2020.

And thanks to the TOS team for making a great product, I’m hopeful that it’s going to be just as supported by your new parent.

Cheers

UPDATE: slightly humorous but mildly concerning update… hopefully, this global solar storm, that NOAA is telling habitants OF EARTH to be prepared for possibly disruptions won’t impact data transfers going on this weekend.

I can see it now: “Uh, well we were just in the middle of your transfer and all the lights went out. when they came back up, all the data was GONE.. you don’t by chance have a backup, do you?”

;-0

Last edited:
Traded 3 DTE and 2 DTE ICs, each sold leg at .04 delta , 100 wide against SMCI and MSTR ... netted 1.891 % on 100k at risk. Yep, I said I'd stay away from spreads but this week the price action of these two was relatively flat, good use of IC. I started the week watching each, checking OI, noting put call ratio, OI shift day to day, vanna, gamma, delta, staying 3 or more STDEV expected SP move, picking strikes based on probability of profit > 96% per optionstrat. It's a lot of work but well worth the while. Overnight exposure and black swan are my greatest fear; I have lot to earn before I show a profit. Sitting on hands until Wednesday/Thursday helps.

I'd like to sell some TSLA CC for next week but we will be traveling. Thinking 180-185 might be safe but need to see a small pop. Sound about right? OPEX next week doesn't help. Still have the long puts that I'd like to free shares from but need to see low 160's or better to sell back.

GLTA!
Is that a decimal to four dp’s or meant to be a comma?

PSA:
All you TDA folks.. t-minus TEN MINUTES till final conversion.. the happening is happening..

GET THOSE SCREENSHOTS of basis if you haven’t already.
Great reminder, thanks. Also save/export studies and any other customizations. Hopefully Monday goes smoothly.

I’m sad to see the TD mobile app go, I prefer it over the TOS mobile app since it has larger typefaces and served my needs very well the last several years. Now I’ll need to get used to the TOS mobile app.

Change all around.

Great reminder, thanks. Also save/export studies and any other customizations. Hopefully Monday goes smoothly.

I’m sad to see the TD mobile app go, I prefer it over the TOS mobile app since it has larger typefaces and served my needs very well the last several years. Now I’ll need to get used to the TOS mobile app.

Change all around.
I think you’re going to make that transition just fine, and in the end I think you’re going to end up enjoying it MORE… I’ve used them all

Maybe we can start a campaign to allow some user font changes or typeface changes.. I’m in.

Reactions: Jim Holder