Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA divorced from reality as usual, but what's new...

Don't need NVDA in the 130's, just would like to expire the -p125's, think I'll start rolling them down - they were a good little cash-cow while it lasted, but have enough on my plate with TSLA -cc's for the moment to be bothered thinking about other stuff
There is a LOT of term structure in July/aug/sept that was postioned for TSLA lower than ~ $180 and lower… on the buy side as well.. so they want to at least reduce the pain.. so a lot of that is driving this up - we’ve seen this movie before and know what will occur before intermission.

But, as I said it’s about who’s in the control of the narrative and that is usually who is feeling the most pain. And it’s not retail.

There is a LOT of term structure in July/aug/sept that was postioned for TSLA lower than ~ $180 and lower… on the buy side as well.. so they want to at least reduce the pain.. so a lot of that is driving this up - we’ve seen this movie before and know what will occur before intermission.

But, as I said it’s about who’s in the control of the narrative and that is usually who is feeling the most pain. And it’s not retail.
Please let us know if and when that 3Q positioning for <$180 is no longer there.

Reactions: UncaNed

Wen retrace down for those that need to reposition?

called me crazy but I bought a +230P exp 7/12

Too fast too steep of a climb is bound for some pullback. 7 days should be adequate.

People got to take profit to buy firework rights???
Decent trade IMO.

Followed it by buying 7/12 +230p and +220p. Intention to sell on first decent dip, not waiting it out till expiration.

1720014856693.png

1720014868047.png

1720014882867.png

1720014954793.png

1720014967652.png

Hoo boy, TSLA flying...that's no spike but a rocket!

View attachment 1061818
We got 2 gap fills now that'll need to be filled sometime over the next couple of months for there to be a more healthy rocket launch later on. I actually sold some calls at 240 with the idea that when we pull back and consolidate around those gap fill points.

TSLA now up 71% from the low 2 and a half months ago. Definitely needs a breather to make a more sustained run higher, especially since we didn't get any sort of breahther/consolidation after it broke 200.

Ugh...TSLA arrived at $243 ahead of my short calls date for that target....now I can't escape my $243 CB longs as planned to raise cash without going naked on those short calls (which are nicely red). Oh well, convincing myself it's a good thing on the long run, we'll get a retrace (yeh, right...) where I can close them out and TSLA goes even higher 🫤

We got 2 gap fills now that'll need to be filled sometime over the next couple of months for there to be a more healthy rocket launch later on. I actually sold some calls at 240 with the idea that when we pull back and consolidate around those gap fill points.

TSLA now up 71% from the low 2 and a half months ago. Definitely needs a breather to make a more sustained run higher, especially since we didn't get any sort of breahther/consolidation after it broke 200.

I hope so. Haven't see a hint of weakness yet....this may just keep going and going.

1720017084031.png

I hope so. Haven't see a hint of weakness yet....this may just keep going and going.

View attachment 1061824
Yeah sorry I should have mentioned, I'm selling calls with much higher strikes/longer dates so if someone has strikes in the mid 200's, yeah this run is nerve wrecking for sure.

But any good, sustaining rally needs consolidation and retest's. Now that the stock has broken out of the long term downtrend line, it at least needs to pull back and test that downtrend line, preferably 2-3 times, and hold for this rally to turn into something much higher (upper 200's, lower 300's).

The more trading days that pass, the lower that downtrend line retest will be. It's what 220 right now? In a week it'll be like 215-217. So the longer TSLA goes without retesting that, the more I think it's going to pull back.

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned, I'm selling calls with much higher strikes/longer dates so if someone has strikes in the mid 200's, yeah this run is nerve wrecking for sure.

But any good, sustaining rally needs consolidation and retest's. Now that the stock has broken out of the long term downtrend line, it at least needs to pull back and test that downtrend line, preferably 2-3 times, and hold for this rally to turn into something much higher (upper 200's, lower 300's).

The hope for those looking for a pullback is the parabolic NVDA-like rocket, surely it comes down at some point:

Daily
1720017466848.png