Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking ahead next two weeks:

7/12

1720183176730.png

7/19

1720183251046.png

7/12

1720183354226.png

7/19

(Spike at $300 👀)

1720183375856.png

I tried that already when it was trading in the 220's I wrote like 30 x 200 Puts expiring on earnings week. But it just kept going up.

Which is why I'm left scratching my head at how high this stock can go on optimism and call buying alone and how hard it reverses (And whether I should buy puts on the reversal).
Sure, but better to use puts on the way up to help untangle the ITM calls - I took $50k over the last week rolling puts up, ok I lost $300k, but that’s better than $350!!

Indeed, will reverse at some point, so everyone needs ensure downside protection, which I will do with 200x +p150’s, 100x of which will be left unused (for the moment) and 100x are 12 months out. I’m pretty sure I can roll down DITM puts given one year, double the contracts and lots of cash, but SP going up is harder to deal with

Seems it’s spot on! Maybe a sign to take profits around there and wait and see.
Indeed it did nail it, and now it’s indicating $207.89 so stay frosty. that could possibly be capturing earnings (30 day window)

OT: I can’t tell if your new avatar is you in front of your laptop, or if you’re in a rowboat?

Sure, but better to use puts on the way up to help untangle the ITM calls - I took $50k over the last week rolling puts up, ok I lost $300k, but that’s better than $350!!

Indeed, will reverse at some point, so everyone needs ensure downside protection, which I will do with 200x +p150’s, 100x of which will be left unused (for the moment) and 100x are 12 months out. I’m pretty sure I can roll down DITM puts given one year, double the contracts and lots of cash, but SP going up is harder to deal with
Agreed SP going up is much harder to deal with. I actually think we've found a bottom this year. Which is nice to see. Gives confidence in selling puts or rolling puts.

Reactions: Max Plaid
Agreed SP going up is much harder to deal with. I actually think we've found a bottom this year. Which is nice to see. Gives confidence in selling puts or rolling puts.
Indeed, as long as you can keep your puts out of assignment range they usually go OTM at some point, calls, not necessarily - I have a friend, used to post here sold -c135's against everything early 2023 and that was that, don't think he even got out of them in the last sub-140, problem is that you're always thinking "it's going to go lower", as indeed it should haven but didn't, then it reverses and the moment is gone

Pardon me what bottom # are we referring to?

Or we referring to the top at $254?

Small head don't have a good memory on numbers ;)
When we hit 140, had bad earnings and the stock goes up 30% lol.
Indeed, as long as you can keep your puts out of assignment range they usually go OTM at some point, calls, not necessarily - I have a friend, used to post here sold -c135's against everything early 2023 and that was that, don't think he even got out of them in the last sub-140, problem is that you're always thinking "it's going to go lower", as indeed it should haven but didn't, then it reverses and the moment is gone
Yer case in point when we hit 140. I wanted to get back in with shares but I just wanted to see 120. But to be fair the earnings were terrible. I'm still scratching my head on how this thing trades lol.