Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold 12 TSLA @ 685
Bought 1 TSLA 06/16/2023 1300.00 C @ 80.10 at 10:50AM EST

Probably sloppy on the execution and choices, was made just because I happen to hold other June '23 1400 C
I've bought some way OOTM LEAPS, but now I'm buying DITM LEAPS as they seem to do much better with respect to selling CCs on them.

Had a little TMC withdrawal today when I couldn't access!
Took today to expand on my bps positions. Increased 8/20 680/640 bps by 50% for about $10 each; increased 8/27 680/640 bps by 100% for about $12.70 each, bought a few shares at $680.
Trying to sell some call verticals around 750/790 but the premiums are pretty sad now.
Will be prepared to roll in a few days if things go further south.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Had a little TMC withdrawal today when I couldn't access!
Took today to expand on my bps positions. Increased 8/20 680/640 bps by 50% for about $10 each; increased 8/27 680/640 bps by 100% for about $12.70 each, bought a few shares at $680.
Trying to sell some call verticals around 750/790 but the premiums are pretty sad now.
Will be prepared to roll in a few days if things go further south.
I am very interested in hearing how these $40 spread size positions evolve for you - I hope that you'll tell us how these go.

I'm also thinking about call credit spreads (call verticals) and with 8/20, 8/27, and 9/3 expirations I'll have plenty of expiration dates to choose from. I'll wait to open any of these for an up day. Probably the 2nd up day in a row where I'll sell CC on the first (significant) up day. I have even more positions to sell now with the new leaps acquired today - the cc sales can't come too soon :)

TMC was offline for me too a lot of yesterday.

I was planning to wait out today but the FUD dip looked too attractive so I sold a stack of 660/680 750/770 Iron Condors expiring Friday. I jumped the gun a bit earlier and could have got 20% more for them but I expect they'll work out OK as there seemed to be some resistance around $680.

Reactions: alterac000
I wish, but alas AI is so far over everyone's head that I think it will go unnoticed. I think maxpain will hold.

So, I'm assuming we'll end the week at or around $690 or so.
I really dont like being a conspiracy theory guy but it is rather coincidental for the government to announce an investigation of Tesla for failure of AI on the Monday preceding Tesla’s AI day

We can hope that the NHTSA watches AI day and shortly after announces they are dropping their investigation.

FWIW I expect, like every previous NHTSA investigation into individual crashes, exactly 0 will come out of this.

That said- they are including AP1 cars in the investigation- which nothing from AI day could fix- and they're also limited on what they could do via OTA update if they decided something needs fixing, since most of the code is owned by Mobileye and Tesla never had full access to it.

Only thing I can think of they'd be able to do OTA is they could potentially remove the ability to activate the system if not on "proper" roads, but that would only address the couple of cross-traffic crashes AP1 cars had (the tractor trailer accidents), not the "hit stationary vehicle on highway shoulder" issue the investigation appears to be about.

AP1s a relatively tiny part of the fleet these days- but it did jump out at me a bit they were including those cars when the info first came out as they're on an entirely different system there's limited options to do anything to.

I wonder how you can shift if the screen fails?

There's buttons down near the wireless phone charger

Reactions: phantasms
Hmmm. I made up for being completely wrong about Monday by being completely wrong about Tuesday.
Wonder what I'll mess up on Wednesday?
I really didn't think this investigation would hit the stock this hard.
I believe it's an over reaction but that doesn't help the stock price in the short run.
Will it continue to get hammered for the rest of the week? Will it steady out or bounce back some?
I have support between 656 and 662 and it's trading right now @ 663.20

While I don't want to commit to more put writing for the week I'm not going to roll today.
Think I will see what Wednesday and maybe Thursday brings first.

Might look at selling a BPS in September or October and even buying a LEAP.
Need to think about it.

Reactions: UltradoomY