Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sp went up too fast, my candlesticks are missing! 😬

1669835674413.png

looks like +/- 17% in 2022

TSLA Safe OTM% (Fri Close vs Mon Low/High) - Last 2 Years

View attachment 879842
Thanks this is very helpful, I guess let me rephrase my question. What are the odds that Friday close is higher than Monday High? So for example if you take 20 weeks of data(or however many weeks of data you have) and compare Friday closing price to Monday high is it 80% of the time that Friday close < Mon High?

So two possibilities and the the % of each event.

1. Friday close < Mon High
2. Friday close > Mon High

I'm guessing that selling 4 DTE CCs on Tuesday morning would be a good option but need the data to confirm this.

Has any delivery event ever caused a SP spike ? All I remember are hype before the delivery and slump afterwards.
I can't recall, but I will be little cautious here. Not just because the Semi event, but also the marco momentum could last a few days until hitting major resistance, and can drag TSLA along. But if you already have the exit/rolling plan, just go for it. I probably will sit on the sideline until tomorrow.

I can't recall, but I will be little cautious here. Not just because the Semi event, but also the macro momentum could last a few days until hitting major resistance, and can drag TSLA along. But if you already have the exit/rolling plan, just go for it. I probably will sit on the sideline until tomorrow.
No - not worried about 200 calls. And as I've been posting, will switch over to call spreads to hedge the calls. Puts too, once I'm no longer trapped.

Thanks this is very helpful, I guess let me rephrase my question. What are the odds that Friday close is higher than Monday High? So for example if you take 20 weeks of data(or however many weeks of data you have) and compare Friday closing price to Monday high is it 80% of the time that Friday close < Mon High?

So two possibilities and the the % of each event.

1. Friday close < Mon High
2. Friday close > Mon High

I'm guessing that selling 4 DTE CCs on Tuesday morning would be a good option but need the data to confirm this.

TSLA Fri Close vs. Mon High - History

in 2022, there is 78% probability that Fri Close < Mon High, with an average of -7.46% drop

i am guessing this means that if CC was sold at Mon peak (strike=peak), it would have 78% chance of expiring

for data: i used Tue/Thu if Mon/Fri is holiday

1669838972660.png

1669839634179.png

Last edited:
Still confident on <200 by Friday, chaps? That was a big move today, might pull-back a bit, you know how it goes

I still have 20x -c180's for this week, they surely look like toast... tried to roll to 10x 12/9 -p195/-c195, but the limits didn't quite hit, will see tomorrow... might take the easy route out with a 20x -180 straddle for next week, that adds +$4 premium, so could reduce the number of contracts to 15x for free, will see tomorrow...

Still confident on <200 by Friday, chaps? That was a big move today, might pull-back a bit, you know how it goes

I still have 20x -c180's for this week, they surely look like toast... tried to roll to 10x 12/9 -p195/-c195, but the limits didn't quite hit, will see tomorrow... might take the easy route out with a 20x -180 straddle for next week, that adds +$4 premium, so could reduce the number of contracts to 15x for free, will see tomorrow...
It’ll pull back a bit, but who knows what tomorrows Semi event will bring...
Looks like I might be rolling 12/16 195 CC higher when we keep on rising.
Surely waiting for friday to sell an extra contract for next week. Looking for 210 or higher. 200 could be resistance, but who knows...

Well, I had an appointment the entire afternoon, forgot about powell, inc., my 185cc got run over before I had the chance to roll forward. What's worse, is I had 197.5cc and 200cc order for this week that filled at such small premium. I expect shares called away tonight, which isn't optimal but will help offset tax gains. Ugh.....

• Informative
Reactions: traxila

I would not be surprised to see 220 by Friday, assuming a weak or flat PCE.

This is what TSLA does to you. If you are comfortable it will punish you.

I quite honestly prefer today's punishment.

Last edited: