Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
General muted market response to slightly cooler CPI than consensus implies to me that it was already baked-in, as is a pause from the FED tomorrow

You would also think that there would be a strong desire not to pay out that c250 wall come Friday close

Of course with this record green run, option walls have been of little significance recently, but with it being triple-witching you would think there's a lot more at stake

TSLA is going semi parabolic purely on call inflows. Right now I am still pushing my put strikes up to offset the growing loss on my -190C but when we see 265 that will be it for me. I’ll just use profits from the puts to roll them calls out to 1/2024, hopefully getting -300C for the money, then wait and see. By wait snd see I mean Im not going ITM with the puts anymore but rather $10 OTM. First we need to see a clear rejection to the downside, then a few down days before spiking again. Judging by the strength of that spike, we can then tell if its the last spike or not. Im still pushing my put strikes up because the initial rejection still has not happened yet. Crossing 260 will be an exception - too high for me to chase.
$255 seems to be decent rejection so far, yet bouncing on $251.50’s a few times. I guess Chop is on the menu today, though it’s nice to see some consolidation if that’s what it is.

Reactions: MikeC
FYI, had a 6/30 -p260 exercised overnight. I had plenty of free cash in the account, but it really scared me. It was only one contract, but I had a significant number of IC and IB spreads in the account. I immediately sold a 6/16 -c260 for $4.70. There was quite a bit of time value (a couple $$) left on the puts, so I’m happy that someone was willing to give me that, and I immediately sold the call, so I’m up $7-8 or so, but still scared me. No margin in IRAs, so it dropped my cash by $26,000.

Because of this, I also spent quite a bit of time rolling out the remaining 6/30s to 7/21s (after earnings). Didn’t want to do it, but cannot afford any more early exercises. What this has done is that now I have received nearly as much premiums as the spread width, so I can afford to lose the entire spread. I’m back to a fairly decent cash balance, but wanted to swing trade some FOMC action this week. Now I’ve decided it’s too risky for my account.

Interesting observations on this process: calls are trading immediately, but puts are not. I had to trade the put spreads above the midpoint, almost at ask. So be careful out there. This rally is almost entirely driven by call buying and puts are harder to trade.

FYI, had a 6/30 -p260 exercised overnight. I had plenty of free cash in the account, but it really scared me. It was only one contract, but I had a significant number of IC and IB spreads in the account. I immediately sold a 6/16 -c260 for $4.70. There was quite a bit of time value (a couple $$) left on the puts, so I’m happy that someone was willing to give me that, and I immediately sold the call, so I’m up $7-8 or so, but still scared me. No margin in IRAs, so it dropped my cash by $26,000.

Because of this, I also spent quite a bit of time rolling out the remaining 6/30s to 7/21s (after earnings). Didn’t want to do it, but cannot afford any more early exercises. What this has done is that now I have received nearly as much premiums as the spread width, so I can afford to lose the entire spread. I’m back to a fairly decent cash balance, but wanted to swing trade some FOMC action this week. Now I’ve decided it’s too risky for my account.

Interesting observations on this process: calls are trading immediately, but puts are not. I had to trade the put spreads above the midpoint, almost at ask. So be careful out there. This rally is almost entirely driven by call buying and puts are harder to trade.
Really strange on the assignment. Less than $10 OTM with two weeks to go. Seems like a fluke because most people won't throw premium away like that.
Calls $5 or $10 OTM have better premiums than Puts right now, so the market seems to be pricing in a higher SP.

What a messy Friday coming up:

image.png

New sell wall has appeared at 256. Maybe 255/56 is the top for today?

(Make sure "Live" is clicked)
I

It appears so, but GEX levels show air all the way up to $265 (🫣) and support at 252, 240, 230.

The question is it consolidating to go higher or lower...

1686670614810.png

• Helpful
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Rolling depreciating p220 to close out remaining premium in 3d. TSLA @ 252.50

BTC +10x CSP tsla 230623P220 @ 0.80
STO -10x CSP tsla 230616P235 @ 0.90

for credit +0.10

TSLA is getting out of control. Going long and selling DITM CC

BTC +10x CSP tsla 230616P235 @ 0.45

Buy 1000 tsla @ 258.40
and
STO -10x CC tsla 230616C250 @ 11.50