Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last week after the 280 rejection I took a (in my perception) free bet on a SP below 220 this Friday, by selling 300 C against buying P220 for the same dollar amount, today extended but now against -c280 .
Now I've reached 26 of P220 in this tombola (against 6 -C300 and 4 -C 280), waiting for a black swan, most possibly a failing bank or China spill-over or anything else not being able any longer to withstand the geo-political or interest-stress/fall-off.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
oh yeah, forgot to mention I dumped the expensive shares again around 263, now waiting for P220 going deep ITM, sell them and maybe even write some P, surely when the black swan really flies by this week. Thus lowering my next share price significantly, making up for my costly mistakes this year.
(And still holding on to my -C NVDA390 for this week, that made me very sweaty last week I must admit.
Lots of wishful thinking, indeed

closed Jan 24 350 CC's a bit at a time ($25 to $14)... waiting for next leg up now ...
hoping to milk the cow again ......

In retrospect, could have kept the 300 CC's intact ...

The MM shook all the could ... all depends on P&D expectations for next week now...

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
Hasn't there been a decent amount of discounting on inventory vehicles this quarter, especially on Model 3, Model S, and Model X?
Seems like there is always discounting at the end of the quarter....
EPS and margins won't come out until ER. Maybe the current SP has already priced in a record P&D?

I'm stuck, I want to buy some $100 strike Jan 2025 LEAPS, so I want the SP to go lower. But I also have ITM -265P for Friday, so I want the SP to go higher.... This means I do nothing today and wait.

Edit: Not much Extrinisic left, so I rolled the -265P to end of July for $8.4 credit.

Last edited:
1687809380906.png

Well @dl003 you were right after all that TSLA will visit $230’s by June 30. I wish I had the patience and conviction to hold my short calls (-C265, -C230, etc.) instead of rolling them in a panic to -C500 12/2025 and incurring a -$450,000 paper loss as I wait—but I know it’s only clear in hindsight. It could have also continued to $314 and taken longer to revert to the mean. It’s all good and all for the best.

Are your charts telling you anything new going forward that you can share with us?

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
Very clear what's happening here these last few days.
Stock went too high, too fast.
Bigger picture posted here some time ago was a reversal around 270s. That happened.
It could go as low as 190s if that scenario comes true.
Yikes 190 and save couple of dumb ~200 CCs hmmm...

Isn't it funny last week we were all looking for 300+ and now we fear it'll be below <$200 (maybe). How things change quickly!

I'm not counting my eggs just yet on saving the 200 CCs. Feels to me we will bounce around 240-250 before next leg up/down.

Last edited:
As I have 50x July 21st +p200's that I bought a few weeks back, and now 30x TSLA put at $260, I have to say that July -240 straddles for +$22 look very tempting for pretty low risk

But first I need my broker access back and as I'm dependent on the post that won't be until tomorrow at the earliest now... double meh!!
Task for next week is finding a new broker… having it take THAT long to regain access to an account seems totally unacceptable..isn’t there 2FA, “voice is my passport”, identity verification that could have brought access faster? Although, i guess one could always call it in as we discussed.

Task for next week is finding a new broker… having it take THAT long to regain access to an account seems totally unacceptable..isn’t there 2FA, “voice is my passport”, identity verification that could have brought access faster? Although, i guess one could always call it in as we discussed.
The man from Palo Alto - tech capital of the world - speaking to the man with a broker that sends letters through the mail. Trust me, @Max Plaid cannot speed this up any further.

"When worlds collide" :D.