Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While the bottoms and the tops on the minute chart are both rising I post something to consider when this turns out to be a DCB:
The possibility of new and narrower MA4x convergence is increasing every day we hover between 215 and 230. Below 215, things will deteriorate fast and direction is then set as well. Remember last year's December in which FUD was spread as widely as now (on top of Elon selling EOY 2022) as there are now suggestions that 2024 is around the corner, X is not doing well, so will he sell again?
Volumes are not (yet) alarming but when going down the ridges below to stand on get smaller and fewer, stop-losses to be triggered are @ 220 210 205 196 170

SPY and QQQ hitting all times high. Even AAPL is going through the roof.

Santa is here already. Not sure if Rudolph and the team can carried the weight of Elon and Co.
Looks like that but, let's wait until Powell done speaking to confirm. We've seen market reverse after the 1st move multiple times. I'd like TSLA to close above 234-235 today. Otherwise, this bounce wont mean much.

12/15 $250 calls increased markedly since 2pm, while puts fell as well:

1702498491111.png

Really got burned today as you can imagine.
Not too happy, but our beloved stock is up at least
closed all positions to the down side. with huge losses.
Closed all positions to the down side in regards to TSLA?

Powell's dovish pivot is bullish for the macros but we are talking about macro's here being at ATH's while TSLA can't even get a 1% jump. I have a hard time seeing macro's rally much higher in Santa rally mode considering ATH's and the recent 1 month rally. I see a more meaningful macro rally in mid to late Q1 after a pretty decent rug pull to end Q4/begin Q1.

Seems more likely we get a minor rug pull sometime over the next 2-4 weeks for the macros and considering how TSLA has been continually weak for weeks now, I see continued underperformance. That 2+ year downtrend line has been absolutely solid and doesn't seem to be any catalyst big enough for the next quarter or so to break it. The new cycle has also been consistently bearish for a couple months now. Seems like the stock is destined to test the uptrend low line that would put it at 218 on Jan 1st.

Sold the options for +$3 and change each. Probably leaving $ on the table, but no need to be greedy on the day. Guess I'll keep the shares though.

Sold these at $45...I guess I can rebuy them at $33.50. Hopefully this also ages well...

P.S. As much focus as there is on "what trade to do *right now*", I find sometimes the most important thing is when to simply do nothing, sometimes for days on end. Like poker...the question should not be "What do I do right now to win with the cards as they're dealt out right now?" but rather more of "Is this my hand? If so, great, if not, toss the cards back and wait for opportunities with the next hand dealt."

Well, if +$3 and change was good enough last time, then closing out and taking the +$4.60 on the day is good enough this time, too. Could have timed it even better, sure. Could hold on and not leave money on the table, sure. But happy to just consider my work done for now, and be ready should the next interesting opportunity arise. Watching and waiting.