Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling like I may have to throw in the towel on my -c240's for this week - most of the extrinsic is washed-out, so that's OK, hard to see it improving much from here

Gonna roll the majority up to -c260 and sell my Jan 19th +c233 LEAPS while they have some decent value still as I want to take the loss in 2023, have been positioning for it all year (loss = -$140k, plus -$250k on my GOOGL Jan +c150's, boo!)

If 260 yets whacked then I push them out to Jan -c270 ratio straddles as mentioned earlier

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
Looks like algo expecting 258 again soon:

1703009703793.png

If we break through 265 this week - My plan for next week is to sell BPS and used the credit to BTO debit call spread toward the upside.

Max lost would be the BPS if SP dump. If SP postured below the call spread or stay flat I break even. If it pump then free play.

If we ended below 260 this week then I just continue what I do this week......waiting for a sign from our TA God/Goddess :)

Curious how was the 1/19 +C233.33 negative -$95?
Because they were bought January 27th 2022 when the stock was trading arounf $900 (pre-split)

Seemed a good idea at the time! "Buy ITM LEAPS", they said, "so you can sell calls against them" 😆

Obviously beginning of this year these weredown to $4.50, so I was smart to holed them and get $28 back now, but wouldhave been even smarter to sell them for $84 in July

But we always think TSLA is going up, don't we....