Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
STO -C300 4/19/24 @5.50
STO -C300 5/17/24 @7.80
Just a few of each

1704903238583.png

Last edited:
Yes? I thought Tesla's exact terms didn't allow it??
Teslas terms allow it, and will price it, they just won’t let the buyer ultimately BUY OUT the lease - which is pretty standard with few exceptions. Lot’s of ppl don’t WANT A lease, with normal terms of only 36-48 months max, and of course all the financing and lease fees are in that monthly lease fee.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
Teslas terms allow it, and will price it, they just won’t let the buyer ultimately BUY OUT the lease - which is pretty standard with few exceptions. Lot’s of ppl don’t WANT A lease, with normal terms of only 36-48 months max, and of course all the financing and lease fees are in that monthly lease fee.
I can confirm this as we took delivery of our second Tesla (Model Y lease) last week of Q4. Being able to take advantage of the tax credit and other incentives (6 months supercharging, 3 months free FSD and 10k referral credits) made this a no brainer.

BTW, my wife was afraid to drive my S for years and after just 2 weeks of ownership of the Y, she tells me she will never go back to ICE.

To make this post not completely off topic, current positions:
1/12/24 215/195 BPS
1/12/24 262.5/282.5 BCS
Thanks @Yoona

6/21/24 cc295
6/21/24 cc305
Thanks @dl003

I will tell you a “Catalyst” that I've seen several times.

Market is deep red including Tesla. Everyone bought Long Puts or sold Call thinking it's continue to go down. Then out of the Blue it shoot back up to the Moon. Sticking it middle finger back at our face. Then when we bought long call and think it break 260. It U turn and again stick it middle finger back at us and goes to 232.

There's none that reliable.

Hey folks, I'm getting back into the wheel again, looking forward to making some weekly/monthly CCs next week.

Agree there are a bunch of interesting Tesla catalysts coming, but none bigger than India, looking forward to that announcement, but it has been a long time coming.
India announcement won't move the SP in my opinion. As far as catalyst blowout earnings would be ideal with rosy outlook

The monthly payments are based on $7,500 off, but there isn't a buyout clause at the end (is that what you were referring to?)
Yeah, it was that, I thought it stopped the credit being applied, but in fact it rather deters folks from leasing more than anything else, but with the incentive applied might make it more attractive

Sorry, not a discussion for this thread, back to our regular programming...

Reactions: mongo
India announcement won't move the SP in my opinion. As far as catalyst blowout earnings would be ideal with rosy outlook
Margins and 2024 guidance is all that matters IMO, the rest is all fan-boy fantasy right now. Wall Street and institutional investors want numbers and profits from here

So, I was busy...

On the dip:
BTC 195x 1/26 -c270 @$2.45 (net +$3.30)
STO 20x 1/26 -p240 @$14.1

On the pop, and it literally dropped the moment after this order triggered, sorry:
STO 100x 1/26 -c240 @$8.1

Yeah, I'm feeling bearish right now and swinging for the stands a bit with that one, but still have 100x contracts free to assist a roll if needed, plus 100x 1/26 -p220 still in play

Yes. All sustained moves to either side have always been on the back of earning results. Sooner people realize this, the better they will get at spotting traps.
Well.....to counter point what you said, I thought Tesla's earnings for Q1, Q2, and Q3 were all pretty downright awful and that the corresponding moves that stock made after Q1 and Q2's earnings were ridiculous. Both times, TSLA rallied hard over the next month even though earnings showed no sign of margin bottoming and a recovering in EPS. The rally off of Q1 earnings was 100%. The rally after Q2 earnings was like 90%. Sure they weren't sustained entirely but still, those are substantial rallies.

However I do agree that for TSLA to finally break the 2+ year downtrend line for good, it has to be off of a good earnings beat and/or crystal clear signs that margins have bottomed and are back in the slope upwards. It's really getting down to put up or shut u[p time for Tesla in terms of their execution in regards to earnings/margins or else the stock is going to be punished hard.

Last edited:
Well.....to counter point what you said, I thought Tesla's earnings for Q1, Q2, and Q3 were all pretty downright awful and that the corresponding moves that stock made after Q1 and Q2's earnings were ridiculous. Both times, TSLA rallied hard over the next month even though earnings showed no sign of margin bottoming and a recovering in EPS. The rally off of Q1 earnings was 100%. The rally after Q2 earnings was like 90%. Sure they weren't sustained entirely but still, those are substantial rallies.

However I do agree that for TSLA to finally break the 2+ year downtrend line for good, it has to be off of a good earnings beat and/or crystal clear signs that margins have bottomed and are back in the slope upwards. It's really getting down to put up or shut time for Tesla in terms of their execution in regards to earnings/margins or else the stock is going to be punished hard.

Has anyone done the numbers for Q4? How is it looking?

Last edited: