Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan is to by OTM call since they’re cheap now. Maybe 245 riding the mid 250 pump if ER good.

If and when there is a pump before ER buy OTM put maybe at 195.

Form a straddle. If there is a 20% movement that should equal profit. If it just flat then that another story…..

Expired 2 weeks out from earning.

Or as Tivoboy said - choose your battle - dont play earning week at all.
Yeah, now is not a bad moment to buy some buy/write long calls, I already have a load, but might add some more +c300's for later in the year

My rationale behind this is that if I you have, say, 300x contracts to write against then writing 100x weeklies at $2 premium is a reasonable bet

Last edited:
JHC, look a that! I didn't yet see any "news" to explain it:

1705657307345.png

This stock is abused and irreparably broken forever by the shortzees, Hedgies and to some extent by Elon himself. I will hold on dearly the shares I have for now and start looking for other opportunities for accumulation. Just ridiculous price action .

Inversed of yesterday? Premarket dump then we pump?

Macro super green. Crazy

Keep this up we hit sub 200 today….
I guess those that would like to see Max Pain pinned today are just setting out their stall early... Plus for all we know, MP might have dropped sub 210

As for other stocks, I still don't see anything better out there, certainly not for premiums neither potential future growth. Sure NVDA was the one to jump on last year, but that boat has mostly sailed now, I think

So looking to slowly accumulate without risk from here and it if all goes tits-up, so be it

I guess those that would like to see Max Pain pinned today are just setting out their stall early... Plus for all we know, MP might have dropped sub 210

As for other stocks, I still don't see anything better out there, certainly not for premiums neither potential future growth. Sure NVDA was the one to jump on last year, but that boat has mostly sailed now, I think

So looking to slowly accumulate without risk from here and it if all goes tits-up, so be it

Maybe now you can loadup that boatload of shares you’re planning at a steep discount ;)

Speaking of boatload - would be great to hear from @dl003 on his TA view

Maybe now you can loadup that boatload of shares you’re planning at a steep discount ;)

Speaking of boatload - would be great to hear from @dl003 on his TA view
If we fill the gap in the 140's then I might do that, otherwise I'm going to slowly DCA back in with the weekly premium profits, but first I want to build my cash position +50%

I see too big a risk right now in buying a load of shares, the stock looks so weak, tbh I wouldn't be shocked if we saw end 2022 again

Great strategy, cap it while the macro rises, let it dump when the macro drops!

Not sure my early exit from the -c220's was the best idea I've ever had!

Right, I'm going to sell some September 2024 -c270's, yes I know it's not the best moment to be selling calls, but right now I'd rather get the money in the bank and worry about it later... straddling -p270's, don't forget...
Considering rolling remaining 20Sep$300 to Jun$260 for a small credit for repositioning/earlier exit, and waiting to sell 26Jan and 2Feb$240 next week.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
I see too big a risk right now in buying a load of shares, the stock looks so weak, tbh I wouldn't be shocked if we saw end 2022 again
Hmmm, end of 2022... I still have two nagging put positions for Jan25 , a few -p280 (CSP) and -p240/+p180, each rolled there last year this time to counter the slide... I don't want to roll these again. For next week I have -p210/+p170 that I rolled to, should have re-thought that or waited until today. I'll wait for next week to decide what to do with these.

Nice to hear at least somebody thinking positive!
😎
I am pretty sure that we will cross the bridge. But the question is when ? No catalysts in sight ? If the battery production ramps up ie 4680 and nevada , it may help to reduce the cost and increase the margin. Megapack sales will increase etc. No movement in the Electric utility business. it is not difficult to ramp up bt Elon is not focussing why ?

Hmmm, end of 2022... I still have two nagging put positions for Jan25 , a few -p280 (CSP) and -p240/+p180, each rolled there last year this time to counter the slide... I don't want to roll these again. For next week I have -p210/+p170 that I rolled to, should have re-thought that or waited until today. I'll wait for next week to decide what to do with these.
I have $205 and $210 puts -2P and -4P expiring 1/26/24. if it not improves i will roll it next week.

earnings: what to expect next week?

last 3 quarters=red

my plan next week (earnings) is to watch the game from the sidelines, let the starters play and us benchwarmers will play cards... even my wide 6-delta IC won't survive these ranges (avoid black swan risk)

TSLA Earnings Week - How Far is Previous Friday Close to Friday Close (7DTE)?
View attachment 1010269

TSLA Earnings Week - How Far is Monday Open to Friday Close (4DTE)?
View attachment 1010270
45% chance for Green gives some Hope.

I don't usually buy calls, but maybe I'll look at pricing and see if there is cheap OTM call in case of 20+% upside move.....
MP today 205, next week 222. Just need a goldilocks earnings .
+ today is the Jan OPEX
think I need to buy some calls ... (not sure if weekly lotto, or more long term Far OTM Jun 26 calls though ...)

++ Bought Jan 26 400 for $19.5. Hope I can sell some Diagonal Calendar spreads against these soon ...

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBooster
I will not execute on my crazy plan but only choose sane levels for next week. PM it looks like my yesterday bet -P210 an -C210 will turn out OK so I can drink some special beers at the Bluesfestival in town tonight ;) . On stockprice for stock-sake I gave up (HODLing will work out well, if you don't need the money right away, like I don't). Just about quoting myself a few days back: Hearing all this frustrated noise, even in this thread, I know we are nearer to the bottom then to 2024's top. Think of that and don't bet what you can not afford to.

Reactions: Jim Holder
On closing the -C210 I took $0.45 directly after open, seeing momentum positive. I can already get really drunk on these ones (and the wife as well, on having some cocktails)
[Edit] On closing -P210 few minutes later, just to be safe, closed the -P as well, bringing $0.95. So earned $1.35 per set -P/-C210 [/edit]

Last edited: