Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what happens almost daily at 8am to cause the SP to pop or drop for 5 to 10 minutes? It doesn't appear to have an effect, just curious.

View attachment 1013556
I *think* it's the delayed import of transaction data, such as from darkpool trades that do not need to be reported in real-time, but can be reported up to x hours later into the consolidated tape

Anyone know what happens almost daily at 8am to cause the SP to pop or drop for 5 to 10 minutes? It doesn't appear to have an effect, just curious.

View attachment 1013556
In some territories pre-market doesn't open until 7:00EST and 8:00ESTn which is why you get the flurry of action around these two moments

I can't set a pre-market order until 8:00EST (14:00CET), which is valid until 9:15EST after which is it cancelled if not yet triggered

facepalm rejection by largest dp
1706625453841.png

1706625473637.png
1706625496034.png

Gave back all the premium I had earned, and then a slight debit on top, to roll 80X 192.5CC for Friday to 205 next week. I am waiting for more of a pop to sell new CCs for this Friday at 205 or higher. I will sell half today and half tomorrow after FOMC.

Edit: Too early in the week to wait and see if the 192.5CCs would have finished OTM. Also I think the ER drop was fabricated so I expect to be back to 210+ very soon. Auto margins improved. Operating margins improved. Free cash flow over $2B completely surpassed estimates. It was a good quarter except for the lack of 2024 guidance which I think is a nothing burger.

Tom was wrong almost all year last year and was at the point of being ridiculed on CNBC until the year end rally starting Oct 31st. :)
He's been a bull and his POV is great, and is always worth listening to.
With my Vanguard index fund (bought on Oct 31st from money market[got lucky] )up more than 38% since Oct 31st(parabolic move), I'm getting itchy in trying to time the market, and doing so a bit ahead is OK :) will patiently wait for such an event and make $ in money market fund

I wish I was that wrong....

BTO 25x +P150 3/15 @0.90
Just insurance for my short put LEAPS, to keep from worrying about maintenance call, even though I have plenty extrinsic.

Would be funny if I made money on these bought puts, but SP dropping below $180 won't be good for my longs and the rest of us. Would prefer they expire worthless. I can always cut the +P's if we get over $200 decisively to salvage what's left. Will wait and see.

1706628293091.png

Last edited:
Being afraid to (on a serious next drop)get assigned April -P 205 I already sold a September -P185, which gives me peace of mind up unto SP165. Money caught up 5 months longer, but with a more bullish market I sure can bail out somewhere sooner. First must see SP continuing upward a few weeks to continue the LEAP-buying.
Holding the -P205 until we turn downward, but sure before close, so this is kind of a a time-stretched roll, scalping a little bit extra on daily delta up, I hope.