Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1707782206957.png

Right before the close today I debated buying to close my 100X 200 strike CC for Friday, with the plan to sell them again on a CPI pop tomorrow. In the end I did not, because as much as I would like to make money on a reversal, what I really need is to preserve cash in the event that we keep going down. So I kept the $8k in the account....

We'll see how much I regret it tomorrow....

So does the CNY mean we get no numbers at all... I guess the markets would interpret that as zero deliveries 🤷‍♂️

Trying to get centred with my trades to normalise things has been difficult... right now, short term is:

50x 2/16 -c175
50x 2/16 -p200
50x 3/1 -p185

Now a lot will depend whether the markets pick a direction after CPI, but thinking from here to consolidate the lot on 100x 1/3 -185 straddle, then deal with it form there, will be swapping intrinsic for extrinsic. Yes the SP will move away from 185, up or down, but below 185 the underlying Jan 2025 +p200's go into profit, so rolling down weekly if necessary will eventually pay off , likewise in the call side, I still have a LOT of unused contracts to write against, so might as well use those rather than letting them fade to zero over time

This would put things neutral again, then see where we go from there

Reactions: Jim Holder
Ugh!

OK CPI came in on the warm side... also thinking I may close out my June 2026 +p270's & September 2024 -p270's, if we fall below 180 again then these will be in danger territory for early assignment... deep sigh, would have been more profitable to do this above 190

Put that one down as a failed experiment - was amazing if the SP had risen, but won't work at all if it stays down here, just unnecessary risk

Last edited:
Yesterday sweep buys March 22nd (W) $170 and $165 puts, over 11,000 combined 👀
@tivoboy is that you? ;- )
Nah, I was too busy selling calls and hedging against my NVDA, LLY and MSFT positions which are each ~ 10x my TSLA position so they take my focus at the moment by far. This is one component of the event horizon I’ve built my thesis on, and we’re now 1/3 of the way through it. It certainly keeps it all interesting, but it’s better to have read the book before seeing the movie.

Right before the close today I debated buying to close my 100X 200 strike CC for Friday, with the plan to sell them again on a CPI pop tomorrow. In the end I did not, because as much as I would like to make money on a reversal, what I really need is to preserve cash in the event that we keep going down. So I kept the $8k in the account....

We'll see how much I regret it tomorrow....
Looks like I made the right decision for once

@Yoona, looks like a gamma pushdown for TSLA 4/19 expiry, max-pain 215. Seeing the same? If MM are successful at moving SP up and out of 180s this week, I'd like to move 3/1 and 3/15 put spreads to 4/19, move short put from 200 and 205 to 185. Reluctant to do so if the view is what it seems. If you map out the coming weeks, i am curious if below is similar to your read.

EDIT: So, affirming similar view, I'm going to close the positions to avoid snowball effect of this and subsequent rolls.

TSLA-TotalGamma-13Feb2024-a.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBooster
@Yoona, looks like a gamma pushdown for TSLA 4/19 expiry, max-pain 215. Seeing the same? If MM are successful at moving SP up and out of 180s this week, I'd like to move 3/1 and 3/15 put spreads to 4/19, move short put from 200 and 205 to 185. Reluctant to do so if the view is what it seems. If you map out the coming weeks, i am curious if below is similar to your read.

View attachment 1017906
possible 4/19 170
1707837091086.png

1707837065234.png

1707837160123.png