Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dl003 - how low can we go this week? @187 now.....
This chart
Looks
Terrible.
Every down draft is met with weak buying, and then more selling.. it’s a very unusual pattern with just such consistent selling and zero holding, or popping even a tiny bit.

IMO $17x is in play THIS week. For whatever reason, however there is no interest in the stock and more interest to just retest 2024 low ~ $175. Maybe its just so much money going into other tech plays and certainly options, but it doesn’t bode well here for the near term.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
This chart
Looks
Terrible.
Every down draft is met with weak buying, and then more selling.. it’s a very unusual pattern with just such consistent selling and zero holding, or popping even a tiny bit.

IMO $17x is in play THIS week. For whatever reason, however there is no interest and more interest to just retest 2024 low ~ $175. Maybe its just so much money going into other tech plays and certainly options, but it doesn’t bode well here for the near term.

Thanks. How are you positioning after this drop?

This chart
Looks
Terrible.

IMO $17x is in play THIS week. For whatever reason, however there is no interest and more interest to just retest 2024 low ~ $175. Maybe its just so much money going into other tech plays and certainly options, but it doesn’t bode well here for the near term.
Seem the problem is not with TSLA alone. All EVs are affected.

1709575743544.png

Thanks. How are you positioning after this drop?
Well, when I sold the 3/15 -cc (which I’ve now bought back) I had bought the 3/15. 185 puts..they aren’t up as much as I thought they would be, but I’ll hold them till closer to $180 to get a bit more out of them.

Frankly, I’ll look at 3/15 and May 210/220 call ranges since they are getting very cheap. We could drop, then bounce after friday going into next week.

Frankly, sadly, happily, I’m managing four 7F positions in NVDA, MSFT, LLY, AVGO at the moment so TSLA for me is a coffee break exercise.

🤡

Ford Stock Jumps on Strong Month of EV, Hybrid Sales — Barrons.com​

Al Root

Ford Motor's strong February is boosting its stock.

Ford reported February sales numbers for the U.S. on Monday. The company sold 174,192 units, up 10.5% year over year. Sales of all-electric vehicles totaled 6,368 units, up some 80% compared with 2023. Hybrid vehicle sales hit 12,045 units, up about 32%.

Battery electric vehicle sales accounted for about 3.7% of total sales, up from 2.2% a year ago. Total electrified vehicle sales — all-electric vehicles plus hybrids — accounted for about 10.6% of total sales, up from about 8% a year ago.

Investors are pleased. Ford stock was up 4.5% at $13 a share in midday trading. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average were down 0.1% and 0.3%, respectively.

Ford's move comes with Tesla stock down 5.7%. Tesla is offering more price incentives in China and the U.S., which has investors worried about EV demand.

Tesla, for instance, will give U.S. buyers 5,000 miles of free Supercharging on select trade-ins through the end of March. Tesla is both the auto maker and the dealer, making it more difficult to compare Tesla's pricing actions and incentives to others.

Industry data provider Cox Automotive says U.S. auto industry incentives totaled about 5.7% of the average transaction price in January, up from 2.8% a year ago. That works out to about $2,700 off a new car at the dealer, up from about $1,400 a year ago.

Ford, for its part, sold about 25% more all-electric vehicles in the first two months of 2024 compared with 2023. That is a positive data point for EV demand, but both stocks don't always react the same way to data points. Ford and Tesla have different growth expectations embedded in each stock.

Ford shares trade for about 6.7 times estimated 2024 earnings. Tesla stock trades for about 66 times.

Through midday trading Monday, Ford shares were up about 6.5% year to date. Tesla stock was down about 23%. Weakening EV sales growth has weighed on Tesla stock, while solid 2024 auto sales have helped Ford shares.

But maybe I should just look at the brighter side and use this thread as my contra indicator.

@dl003 - you need not use the entire thread; my few posts alone will suffice. When I post that I am taking the opposite side of @BornToFly and @Knightshade on call options, that should be sufficient contra indicator (see below). 😁

However, after a weekend that was definitely not what I had anticipated, this AM has been spent selling. Yes, I've closed out those calls at about the same time they were collecting their profits - at least those very minor $ losses went to such esteemed folks). More importantly, this morning I have also sold the vast majority of my TSLA shares this AM, keeping just a few thousand shares that reside in a separate account. Certainly you can consider that a contra-indicator that the share price will rise after today's drop, but the next few weeks / months (TBD) I will be stepping away from TSLA. GLTA!

Changed it to 215CC for $1. Filled.

"Hello from the other side..." <of that trade> :)

Not sure I expect $215 next week or not...but we shall see. :)

Reactions: BornToFly
Maybe after it's added to the S&P500 on March 18th, until then it will probably be front-run and bid up - were you around for the TSLA inclusion? What a time that was to be alive and an early shareholder!

No doggy was not born yet (referring to the exposure to the market and TSLA) :)

Guess we will see it continue to go up and up till then with splits......

Are you selling into the the AI pumps?

Attachments

• 1709578503780.png
    1709578503780.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: dc_h