Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth a read:

“To date, the rally off the October 2023 low has provided very little retracement. In fact, when we began the pullback I outlined to expect a few weeks ago in my last published article, we had to adjust our view during that pullback to the potential that the market will not fulfill the complete pullback we expected. As it was developing, I had to adjust my support to 4930SPX, which is basically where the market bottomed during that last pullback.

“Moreover, we had set our next resistance overhead to 5155SPX. And, as we are approaching it now, the market is providing us with another potential extension. So, the parameters for the coming week are as follows. I am expecting a pullback in the coming week. If that pullback is corrective, and we do not break back below 5048SPX, we have a set-up which will then point us to the 5350SPX region next. And, moving through the 5155-5180 resistance overhead points us to 5350-5390.

“And, then we can move onto the next potential surprise. Once this next rally completes, and we then break back below 5048SPX, it will open the door to a potential decline that can be exceptionally rapid and violent in nature, which ultimately points us down to the 3500-3800SPX region later this year.

“So, let’s take one step at a time. The 5048SPX level is support for the coming week, and if it holds, then it sets up a rally to the 5350+ region over the coming weeks, which can lead to a major market top. And, when the market sees a sustained break of the 5048SPX level, that will open the door to a major market decline in 2024.

“In the bigger picture, I have outlined in prior articles the signals for which I will be closely watching to suggest that a long-term bear market is about to take hold. I personally have my plans in place already should we see those indications. I would strongly suggest that each and every investor develop their own risk management plan which suits their investment style, time horizon, and risk profile.”

https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/p...ay-Be-Coming-This-Summer-202403048942063.html

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ and dc_h
I tend to think this is just a reaction to a good week last week and de-risking. I did BTC my 170p and 215c though. Premiums for next week seem to suggest this will be short lived.
The data we have so far for Q1 is not looking promising. China sales being down 6% YoY after the first two months is not good. 2nd month sales across Europe are coming in rough.

Everyone here should be positioned to be at least considerate of this data. March and even April could be very rough and choppy months for TSLA.

Then add in a potential macro market pullback anytime in the next couple of months. It aint a pretty time to be bull on TSLA

The data we have so far for Q1 is not looking promising. China sales being down 6% YoY after the first two months is not good. 2nd month sales across Europe are coming in rough.

Everyone here should be positioned to be at least considerate of this data. March and even April could be very rough and choppy months for TSLA.
Could be, but monthly is choppy especially without the recovery month accounted for. Pipeline refilling after February New Year's shutdown would bleed into March.

Then add in a potential macro market pullback anytime in the next couple of months. It aint a pretty time to be bull on TSLA

But a potentially good time to be a swing trader.

Reactions: Patrick66
Tradytics.... Bearish today.... NVDA is up $31....

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.50.03 AM.png

Are you buying long dated calls now with today’s discount so far or are you trying to time today’s bottom, adiggs?
No buying yet. I did buy last time around 190 and am glad that I did (in the form of June '26 300 strike calls). I probably should start buying again as I sold most of those when we were more like 205. The rationale for buying again at this price would be the same as it was last time - that while I expect more down from here, I don't know that it will, and 200 is sort of my balance point where I aim for roughly 50/50 cash and shares.

I'm waiting though for the moment as I think the share price will be coming down further today and/or tomorrow. I'm also thinking that if I see 180 then I'll start accumulating.

No buying yet. I did buy last time around 190 and am glad that I did (in the form of June '26 300 strike calls). I probably should start buying again as I sold most of those when we were more like 205. The rationale for buying again at this price would be the same as it was last time - that while I expect more down from here, I don't know that it will, and 200 is sort of my balance point where I aim for roughly 50/50 cash and shares.

I'm waiting though for the moment as I think the share price will be coming down further today and/or tomorrow. I'm also thinking that if I see 180 then I'll start accumulating.
Thank you. My order went through circa $190 SP. I have much to learn.

Twitter is a decent gauge of capitulation amongst TSLA retail holders. Seeing quite a few former TSLA bulls now spouting the usual bull gone bear talking points with today's move. If we see 150's in the next month or two, I expect to see a few more Tesla_Economist bearish pivots which will be my cue to reposition to full on bullish positions