Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
alternative income while waiting for TSLA to resurrect from the dead...

shutdown time, 91% in 3 days, secret sauce:
  • max 6Δ (TastyTrade recommends less than 16Δ)
  • ladder in (roll to 6Δ again when your Δ moves, or STO new daily)
1710427959479.png

1710428170730.png

alternative income while waiting for TSLA to resurrect from the dead...

shutdown time, 91% in 3 days, secret sauce:
  • max 6Δ (TastyTrade recommends less than 16Δ)
  • ladder in (roll to 6Δ again when your Δ moves, or STO new daily)
View attachment 1027869
View attachment 1027871
I have these same IC open except kept -p825 100 wide from yesterday, each IC about 1.5 credit if held to expire. -p795 is under .02 delta , can you comment on that position?

I have these same IC open except kept -p825 100 wide from yesterday, each IC about 1.5 credit if held to expire. -p795 is under .02 delta , can you comment on that position?
i also had -p825 yesterday and moved it to -p795 then closed it

it's probably safe (and i left money at the table AGAIN) but i'm avoiding a repeat of last week's large move aka trauma with my -p845

small gain is better than no gain

1710429747156.png

I've a small number of 165 puts (that I'll let get assigned, buying at the price was the point). Also 160 puts I'll have to roll, I guess.

Unfortunately not enough short calls .... kept waiting for the bounce to sell more calls that never came. Just half the calls at 200.

As I write this - SP has definitely broken below the channel Wicked Stocks mentioned as long-term support - though it needs close below 165 to confirm, I guess.

I've a small number of 165 puts (that I'll let get assigned, buying at the price was the point). Also 160 puts I'll have to roll, I guess.

Unfortunately not enough short calls .... kept waiting for the bounce to sell more calls that never came. Just half the calls at 200.

As I write this - SP has definitely broken below the channel Wicked Stocks mentioned as long-term support - though it needs close below 165 to confirm, I guess.
Sadly, below $170.x there is/was no “long term support”.. At least not by any of my charts. There was a lot of interest obviously in the mid $14x range, and a few weak IMO data points in the mid $15x range that could prove to be speed bumps. These are mostly AVWAP levels and not clear support by tested bottoms or change in sentiment indicators that led to increased buying. My destination target for this phase was $155, but I had planned to start buying around here $166/$168 - but I’m not going to. Sentiment has changed both fundamentally, financially and technically. It’s a no mans land at the moment and we’ve seen quite a breakdown in the past week. All the while, market and economic sentiment and price for nearly ANYTHING else has only elevated.

Fundamentally I have several concerns, the top being when analysts and possibly the DATA starts to show actual NEGATIVE growth. Most likely D but also possibly P. Either a quarter or a Half. For this companies investor interest that would be a near term body blow and it’s already on its side.

I had sold 10x -cc May 220 calls a few weeks ago at~ $13, buying them back today for $2.2. They will probably go to zero, but I think I’m going to be able to sell a set of April 19 $185 for $5-6. I’ll be doing that.

Last edited: