Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is deflation for you ;) One good thing out of the price cuts is that competition have basically given up and thrown in the towel :)

Folks in fleet etc scared to buy Tesla because of what the devaluation will be a year from now.

Hope, Tesla does less price cuts now because of the above. Also 1.8-1.9M achieved without price cuts is better than 2.0M-2.1M with price cuts.

Honestly torn if to sell my longs here, even half. Fear is of a rebound, even a DCB after so many days down, which will be quite expensive if I miss it. Likewise holding the longs and we fall more drags my portfolio net liq down and threatens a maintenance call to cover -P250 9/20 which have about $1 left extrinsic around here.

Anyone sell their longs (and/or liquidate long calls) around here?

Last edited:
At a societal level this kind of deflation is a huge positive. Cars will need a smaller and smaller fraction of the family budget over time.

But in the short term while the cost to build these things is still plummeting, and for individuals that expected the $67k residual value and now have the $32k residual value, they have powerful deflationary forces keeping them out of the market and keeping them in their current car. Or at least that's what I see.

H'mm - lots and lots of this stuff going on. I think we need a different thread, maybe already in existence, to work through this sort of 2024 / 2025 trends and share price impact.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
Sadly, below $170.x there is/was no “long term support”.. At least not by any of my charts. There was a lot of interest obviously in the mid $14x range, and a few weak IMO data points in the mid $15x range that could prove to be speed bumps.

I was referring to this by Wicked Stocks. There was some support at 165 - but not a lot. Now, 160 is offering some support - we'll see tomorrow if that holds are breaks for the week. I guess the next step is the old gap between 146 and 154 from Jan '23.

1710444909465.png

Moved Jan 25 300 CCs to 270, another $2.50 each in the non-personal accounts ...
.. my Calls are for Jan26, Jun 26 .. so not touching those.

Jun 26 400 Calls in ~ $16 range ... maybe should add a few of these for max leverage ..

I'm not used to having cash around, because each time I sell the CC's i was buying more calls, as a hedge against the hedge ... :) trying to think differently this time.

Last edited:
Likewise holding the longs and we fall more drags my portfolio net liq down and threatens a maintenance call to cover -P250 9/20 which have about $1 left extrinsic around here.

Jim - if that -P250 is a CSP, there should be options to roll available to increase the extrinsic (and down to lower the margin) - right?

edit - just looked rolling to June 26 gets 10 extrinsic but ties $ up much longer. that far out only can go to 240 for credit, or 230 for debit

Reactions: Jim Holder
Yes I've been trading it for a couple weeks, it's been great
same here, it's making big moves ... like 100+ $ a day.
mentioned MSTR here couple of weeks back .... be careful(+know your own strengths/weaknesses), very volatile ... today is the 1st red day in a while.

MSTR is a BTC proxy. Saylor has been issuing Debit certificates and using proceeds to buy BTC. last week 800M conversion. Now he is trying for another 500M. cheers!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
same here, it's making big moves ... like 100+ $ a day.
mentioned MSTR here couple of weeks back .... be careful, very volatile ... today is the 1st red day in a while.

MSTR is a BTC proxy. Saylor has been issuing Debit certificates and using proceeds to buy BTC. last week 800M conversion. Now he is trying for another 500M. cheers!!
It's interesting though because it's not pure BTC proxy as it will also sometimes move with the market if BTC isn't moving much. I will say that I've not held any positions overnight due to the extreme movement off hours because BTC is traded 24/7

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
  • #447,881 posted on other thread by papafox
An unusual trading pattern has occurred with the purchase of huge quantities (over 200K contracts traded each day) on March 12 and 13, 2024, of far-in-the-money put options at the TSLA 220 and 230 strike prices. I assume this strategy is ongoing Mar 14 as well. Those puts are being purchased and then at least 90% of them sold each day. You can confirm the daily selling of these puts by checking the open interest in TSLA options each morning