Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the thing. Numbers might not be lower than expected, and with Tesla reporting Energy sales for the first time, Wallstreet might wakeup....
Just temper expectations.

I thought for sure Energy deployment would see a material increase last quarter but deployment actually dropped. So Tesla wasn't joking when they said to expect deployment to be lumpy.

My post wasn't meant to hype. It was just calling out a new variable in the P&D report that could alter how Wall St usually reacts to the P&D numbers.

Betting on the downside seem to be the safer "bet" for PD and ER. But there's are lingering surprise or unknown as the team has bought up.
Just don't bet the farm.

I'm going to only bet 1/2 of the weekly premium profit on next week PD and do what dl003 does for ER - sell -200C and use the premium on +160P/-150P.
Just waiting for the pump to 180/185 from future man so the premium are higher and the cost of put spread are lower ;)

Play it safe guys unless you want to join those guys on reddit working behind Wendy dumpster.....

Reactions: DaBooster
also remember its been a while since PD came out midweek and not the weekend. I can see why they wanna cover early to avoid getting trapped in something unexpected going into a long weekend. Extremely high chance next Monday or even earlier will undo all the green this week. PD out on Tuesday. 183 remains my bull bear pivot.
Thanks dl003 - so possibility of SP hitting 180 this week before pulling back before PD. If rocketed passed 183 then abandon Puts - go Long.....

I entered -210C and +160/-150P as a hedge for 4/12.

DL, is the only reason for the -P150 leg of this spread (about $0.88 now) to pay for some of the cost of the +P160, and to blunt loss on the +P160 on an upside move? Just checking if there's something else I may be missing.

Last edited: