Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping for a similar dynamic to help me further load up on bearish positions going into tomorrow. As is, I am holding a decent number of 4/5 +p180s and +p170s, along with January '25 -c200s.

Closed the +p180s at a nice 100% profit. Still holding the +p170s and 1/25 -c200s. Did a couple of roundtrips with 4/5 -c175s for quick 30% profit.

Overall Macro look terrible. Surprise TSLA is quite resilient so far...........

1712073710747.png

With those numbers I would have a expected a -30% day
Agreed, I've been driving all day and just got home, so was unable to trade, but I'm kinda astonished that TSLA is still above 160, SMCI and NVDA were down more at one point

Is it repositioning from the big players who have been caught-out?

I'm very tempted to roll my -c170's down to -c165's, makes no sense...

If/when we see 140's again I plan to buy some (a lot) Dec '26 250c
Same here.

I'll likely sell CSP @ 100-125 strike price to buy even more Dec '26 200-250c's.

I'm also feeling much more at ease to not spend the money to close out the CC's I sold back in mid 2023 at strikes 400 and above. Even if TSLA does rally later in the year, the time decay is going take its toll.

In the meantime, nothing to do but sit on our hands and watch the stock break through support levels down to 146 (and hopefully hold)

Last edited:
That's look good.

Max any feedbacks? Seem great for those Calender Spread as 200 aint that far off. By 2025 if we gained back 200 plus that's a win win for the Long.
Indeed, but I already hold 60x Dec 2025 +c200 and 40x June +c200 -> I shall slowly roll the Dec 2025's forward to Dec 2026, in essence it's like holding virtual shares, I think the SP will take off at some point, so I want to keep these alive, stealing $1 to $2 weekly against them in-perpetuity more than pays for the $7 - $10 roll cost

Reactions: thenewguy1979
🤣

Nobody here paid any real heed to Future Uber. Was a fun diversion.
Not so true, one in particular stated he was right on 2 calls and that should be respected. Or was that the traveler guy who predicted TSLA going up.

But...I am surprised TSLA has held up fairly well, considering this P&D was a disaster. I did sell most of my puts for a very nice profit and bought some TSLA during the big dip to 162 premarket, so, this has been a good day.

Now, as you state, let’s wait for how WS adjusts ER numbers and EPS, and then, the stock might slide into the 150’s, or lower... great buying opportunities ahead.

Reactions: MikeC and Max Plaid