Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1712240795772.png

1712240857627.png

sorry out of topic 😬 does anyone know if a canadian can visit a TD branch and open a US acct using US address? That will solve my broker problem i can get TOS again, TYVM TIA
You should just try from Canada. TDA used to do foreign accounts, some info suggests they still do. Be specific about why you want a US account. Don't try a post office box without a green card and SSN; it will only raise red flags.

sorry out of topic 😬 does anyone know if a canadian can visit a TD branch and open a US acct using US address? That will solve my broker problem i can get TOS again, TYVM TIA
I'd think they'd require your U.S. Social Securiy Number.

I'd also think they'd only give you a Schwab account, no more TDA accounts.

-Just my guesses.

Reactions: tivoboy and Yoona
Sorry no easy answer for that.

As for me I still suck at selling longs vs options without losing at the end because of a sudden surge. In this case options have exit and fixing opportunities that selling straight shares don’t.

Last summer I sold half my longs at 222 and rebought at 212 the next day and lucky that was the bottom for that sequence. Gained $30k on that. But I find it stressful and not easy to do. Case in point, I keep promising I’ll cut my longs if we break 220, 205, 190, 180, 177, etc and I haven’t any of those times (I wish I did!), I keep saying “it fell so much don’t short into the hole,” yet it just goes down more. My next trigger is $158 🙈. I keep my sanity by selling CCs/buying occasional puts to generate gains while I wait for recovery.
I am in a similar boat. Once i sold ,raised some cash, then with the next small dip i bought is again. not a big difference. someone here predicted a price of $134, that made me thinking of selling at least 2000 shares ans raise some cash. i am already out of my margin investements. Thanks.

Can you please tell us what changed your mind ?
Yesterday, you predicted to test the 170-171 level before more downside, which this opening has shown to be 100% on target prediction, but now you say instead of more downside we can expect more upside ?
"Before any more downside can be expected" means 170 first, then maybe it gets rejected here or maybe not.
And no, I didn't predict 170-171 yesterday. I did it on Tuesday.
I think there's a good chance we'll test 170-171 between now and Friday. That'd be the ideal spot to enter this spread.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Jim Holder