Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fully understood (and priced into my assumptions). But... when did Tesla announce a chip that could compete with Nvidia on the data center space, and how much are they still spending a year on Nvidia chips? The moat Nvidia has is much deeper than the chips themselves, it is the tools as well which aren't a slam dunk for people to replace wholesale. When you look out 2-3 years you might see a cap to growth rate, but until then I don't see it. The broader market is growing so much faster than Nvidia's chip supply.

Now, if you look 5-7 years out maybe we will all look back on the pop of the AI bubble and have a different discussion.
EM announcing a "chip" that they "will be building" or are building or thinking of designing and having built, IMHO is much different than MSFT, or GOOGL, or META or INTC or anyone else for that matter "saying" or doing.

Regarding NVDA...
...Of course, the moment I close the -p950's, the stock will shoot up to 1000, but that's the game, eh?
This is one of those times you have to ask yourself if the thesis has been proven wrong or the timing was just wrong. If it is timing you keep playing the game; but if it is the thesis you should sit out.

My money is on the timing, so I will absorb my $900 -puts for this week and next week, and wait and give myself another week to decide on the next 3 tranches. I do have a level in my head where I just bail though, currently around $770. Somewhere before that I start writing calls more aggressively.

EM announcing a "chip" that they "will be building" or are building or thinking of designing and having built, IMHO is much different than MSFT, or GOOGL, or META or INTC or anyone else for that matter "saying" or doing.
I wouldn't necessarily take the first announcement as the starting date... I would take somsone else saying Dojo was up and running (Karpathy). As I understand it, much of that timeline between then and now was in developing tools to work with the new architecture, and that is no small undertaking.

Slightly warm, you'd think it was 4% judging by the PM reaction

1712752423520.png

I've not posted this in a while, been busy, sitting on hands mostly with all tickers until 3 or 2dte. Patiently waiting for a revisit to 160 to close out Jan '25 +p180 ...

For TSLA, M-P is 172.5, highest call OI is 34,758 at 172.5 , put OI at that same strike is 20,619 , p:c 1.13 , OI shift saw an additional 7k and 9k action at 172.5, p170 added 17k. Do we visit the lower 170's today?

EDIT: LOL, wasn't watching price , and just like that , at 172.5 , wow !

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 8.26.59 AM.png

doubled down on Yesterdays openings -P dec '26 250 and + C100 dec '24, profiting on the dip. As expected by me: worse CPI than expected (what a surprise, when you just watch oil, which is still in or used to transport, every product ?????) But it won't rock this steady uptrend of $TSLA much, someone who knows something keeps on buying (like me...;-)

Whoops 5x NVDA 4/12 -p950 assigned overnight...
Kind of wish the same happened to my 3 -p900's; a lot of great options to play today, but covering at a loss is not my strategy here. I feel well positioned going into earnings here.

For TSLA it is still too hard for me to decide where to position. The FSD hype is strong (and IMO warranted), but the macro issues complicate it.

Market seem not too faze by the hot CPI. Seeing some rebound in progress.......

Thks dl003 and tivoboy.....
Seems logical to me that consumer cyclical/discretionary would be hit harder than industrials, so TSLA down more than NVDA as it's more influenced by consumer spending and high loan rates, don't think the big spenders AI GPU care what theFED says much, but someone having to pay a mortgage and put their kids through college is another matter

Plus of course bonds stay more attractive, that can impact all equities, sure, to e certain extent

Seems logical to me that consumer cyclical/discretionary would be hit harder than industrials, so TSLA down more than NVDA as it's more influenced by consumer spending and high loan rates, don't think the big spenders AI GPU care what theFED says much, but someone having to pay a mortgage and put their kids through college is another matter

Plus of course bonds stay more attractive, that can impact all equities, sure, to e certain extent
Agreed. But the Mojo with TSLA recently has continues to defied logics.

It’s working hard to break 182 this week.

Until ER it may pump till then with some occational Macro pullback like today.

FOMC minutes later today…..