Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
zero chance they could shut down Fremont and move it to Tesla and be back up and running with similar production volume in 1Q, let alone 2Q. IF they did that, it’s another story of consolidation - but not a good one, and would be a much greater indicator that they see VERY low demand and most likely losing 2-3Q of regular production level at least NA wide, would probably result in another 25% down at least. NFA
I don't think Elon has any care for the near term movements of the stock and that's very clear to everyone at this point.

It would actually be a net medium-long term benefit to Tesla. Austin workforce is much cheaper than Fremont. Operational costs woud be much cheaper to operate the same lines. Tesla could go full throttle production for the next 1-2 quarters increasing inventory stockpiles (which is already high) and then shut down, pack it up, and move it for 2 quarters, sell through inventory, giving Austin 2 quarters to ramp 3/S/X lines....which is definitely doable.

It's CNBC so you know it's tainted. But even if it were true, it would be just the Fremont factory holding a vote and man if those people want to see their jobs vanish faster than $100 at a Vegas blackjack table, then go head.

With the way things have been going internally with Tesla, wouldn't be at all surprised if Elon announced Fremont was closing and all production lines are moving to GigaTexas even if it meant a quarter or so of downtime to move everything. He clearly doesn't care about the optics
Elon will sell teslas at zero net margins before shutting down a factory.

Prices actually went up today.

Come-on guys....who farted.

Macro just took a big dump. Quite surprise how resilience TSLA is vs EV and Macro being in red.

1713198295391.png

Grrrr…frustrating, I went flat on CCs Friday as good practice in case of a greener week into ER and here we are.

It may also be irresponsible to sell new worthwhile CCs with better premium (i.e., -C220 June 2024) at such lows here too. But these can do well if we visit <$150, and if SP goes up by some miracle they can be rolled up and out.

IV should start heading up into next week for more premium, maybe just need to wait. Also possibly not smart to sell at all into ER if we don’t lose $164-$160 before then.

Anyone planning to sell any calls this week or next; have thoughts?

[I’m referring to covered calls, not naked]

Last edited:
Reactions: dc_h
I suggest you look into what happened to TSLA when Zack "resigned" from Tesla. Data doesn't lie.

FYI, Zack "resigned" on Aug 7 2023
Ah yes, just like what happened to Tesla after Deepak resigned. Have to abandon the Tesla sinking ship, the only sinking ship that sinks upside down.

Correlation does not equal causation. I know people likes to assign causation all day long

Grrrr…frustrating, I went flat on CCs Friday as good practice in case of a greener week into ER and here we are.

It may also be irresponsible to sell new worthwhile CCs with better premium (i.e., -C220 June 2024) at such lows here too. But these can do well if we visit <$150, and if SP goes up by some miracle they can be rolled up and out.

IV should start heading up into next week for more premium, maybe just need to wait. Also possibly not smart to sell at all into ER if we don’t lose $164-$160 before then.

Anyone planning to sell any calls this week or next; have thoughts?

[I’m referring to covered calls, not naked]
I sold 165 and 167.5 for this week. I had some July calls I moved up to 167.5. I’m sitting on 170, 175, 180 calls for this week and 200 calls for May 3rd. That was me following dl003 last week or two weeks ago. I’ve cleared out about 25 long dated calls from this week, out to July. I have 16 left and will move them up, as opportunities arise. Once those are done, I’ll move back to a more defensive strategy, but with more weeklies, farther OTM.