Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is not, and never has been, any car named the M2 or Model 2.

Elon himself explicitly debunked that name almost 3 years ago.

There HAS always been a cheaper future vehicle. Many refer to it as the 25k car.

The citations I quoted from the call make clear that's the one that's coming late this year or early next- built on existing lines.

The ONLY change from "25k car will be be 100% unboxed" to the new "25k will be on existing lines with some new stuff" (as Lars called out) is the margins may be narrower than an unboxed 25k car.... but with far less capex to be able to make a million plus of em.

And then an unboxed vehicle is ALSO coming, but later. That could simply be "25k with better margins" or it could be an even cheaper price point. TBD.
Cheaper Car to be roll-out by 2025?

Only 1 way to do it - take a model 3 and dumb it down

1. removed back seat - only 2 seat, 5 seat extra cost
2. rear wheel drive only
3. 50kw battery for 200 miles range
4. no FSD hardware, people wanting 25K car not going pay $100 for FSD anyway

probably call it Model 3 Lite Limited Edition......

Alrighty then, it’s back to ATH time…
Haha man, I'm not trying to hype here. Just saying if Tesla can do enough to buoy the stock and then have some sort of announcement that solidifies FSD value, such as FSD licensing deal, then I think Wall St will use that as justification to run the stock up.....with the intent to pull the rug yet again and see how far the drop can go to make as much money as possible. Just looking at how heavy Put flow has been, we're clearly getting to some sort of bottom or have already bottomed. So there's not much money to make on the Put side anymore.

I'm just looking at the premiums that you get with TSLA options right now and thinking "Wall St can't possibly be happy skimming this much (or should I saw this "little", through options....they'll want bigger paydays".

I don't think Wall St/Hedgies want TSLA to go the way of a blue chip stock where option premiums are in the mud and thus the options markets for those stocks are practically dead.

Last edited:
Cheaper Car to be roll-out by 2025?

Only 1 way to do it - take a model 3 and dumb it down

1. removed back seat - only 2 seat, 5 seat extra cost
2. rear wheel drive only
3. 50kw battery for 200 miles range
4. no FSD hardware, people wanting 25K car not going pay $100 for FSD anyway

probably call it Model 3 Lite Limited Edition......
Zero chance they will have no fsd hardware. And plenty of people will buy a 25k car and pay $100 a month for fsd.

There is not, and never has been, any car named the M2 or Model 2.

Elon himself explicitly debunked that name almost 3 years ago.

There HAS always been a cheaper future vehicle. Many refer to it as the 25k car.

The citations I quoted from the call make clear that's the one that's coming late this year or early next- built on existing lines.

The ONLY change from "25k car will be be 100% unboxed" to the new "25k will be on existing lines with some new stuff" (as Lars called out) is the margins may be narrower than an unboxed 25k car.... but with far less capex to be able to make a million plus of em.

And then an unboxed vehicle is ALSO coming, but later. That could simply be "25k with better margins" or it could be an even cheaper price point. TBD.
OK, but Europe needs a SMALL Tesla, Model 3 is way too big for most people here - they'd rather pay $25k for a small hot-hatch than a medium sized sedan

And at battery day they did have something smaller than an M3 under a cover, which implied that direction

Anyway, let's see

I think the most important thing for Tesla & TSLA from here is Musk woke up (pun intended)

TSLA is making another push upward.....let see if we can break upward from 163 by closing.

Hope everyone have plenty of time to re-position.
it finally climbed up the weekly descending channel and past the 50% fib

1713981641853.png

Yes but the fundamentals supported it. Times are very different. Now if interest rates were to run come down sharply that could help change the narrative around fundamentals.
True, but to counter argue that, the Hertz announcement had zero bearings for future fundamentals. A FSD licensing announcement does.

Also just to note something that hasn't really been picked up that much, but Tesla actually gave crystal clear guidance for Energy for the rest of 2024. Tesla guided for Energy revenue to be 75% higher than 2023. So Tesla is expecting some major projects to get recognized over the next 3 quarters. Given Energy's margins, that could go a long way to supporting fundamentals.

They also seemed very bullish on EV credits going forward so another thing that could help with fundamentals.

Last edited: