Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in surgery today after selling my 192.5 and 195CCs for Friday.

On a separate note, I wish I had rolled my 170CCs for next week to end of June 180 yesterday when I had the chance. Now it's a debit, just like rolling them to Jan 2025 240 strike is now a debit. I'm hoping for a little pullback tomorrow....
Perhaps it was a good miss. Always hard to not want to reverse course with the market, when often going against the short term is the profitable opportunity. I sold more 195CC's yesterday and sold some puts this morning around 180/181. We could bounce back up, but this seems like market makers reasserting control and driving us back to the mean, pending real news.
I would guess team Elon will be trying to push the price up to encourage a yes vote through June 12, and assuming a yes vote, will be pushing a positive story the rest of the year. Semi, new car based on Model 3 platform, & robotaxi, robotaxi... The 12.4 release is sounding good, so after this week, I will try to keep my CC's a little farther out than I have. Fundamentals looking back are bad and some of the steps they are taking now, should have been done a year ago (if someone wasn't so busy with X).

Reactions: mickificki
Oh TSLA…will you ever change?
Shorting all pops is a real thing.

1716400886116.png

5/31 strangle of $177.5p and $180c are going for about $8.15. Wonder what is the better trade: buy or sell the strangle?
I think the answer to this question has a lot to do with how you manage your positions... so which is the better bet if you leave it until expiration? OR which is the better bet if you are online and ready to move?

I missed a %90 return on a weekly yesterday because I wasn't paying attention to the stock price and only went in to put in the close order a few minutes before the close.... and overnight we dropped. Yuck.

PS-- That Blue Horseshoe guy always seems to have the inside track!

• Funny
Reactions: Blue horseshoe