Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd say before the 7th.

We bearish now?

1716406802790.png

I'm never clear on the timing for what you expect to see. What would you do with 170CCs for next Friday? Roll them up and out now, or wait a little longer?
I'm seeing a strong move to either side so I'm buying volatility in the form of put spreads instead of selling calls. If I'm right, I'll make money for very little outlay. If I'm wrong, I'll be able to avoid the next $10 spike which can cost me a lot more than the cost of the put spreads.
I lean bearish (maybe 55/45) here so I'd hold those -170C, purely mechanically speaking. I don't have a strong read here.

Just FYI, my full target for this DCB is about 250-260. If we get there, you probably will see people saying TSLA has broken out of its resistance trendline, like so
View attachment 1049622
However, since this correction has been so extensive, it may be more appropriate to use a log chart, like so. It's still perfectly within bounds, ready to turn down again
View attachment 1049625
@dl, if I send you a recent photo, can you draw some lines that make me look 10% thinner?

;-)

That’s just my attempt at humor, since I have a feeling that the rug pull is about to happen.