Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the opportunity a week or so ago to buy back the 5,000 shares I had lost to CCs after the last ER. I had made enough premium selling Puts that I would have had a slight profit. Effective break even point is $191.5. I didn't buy then because I was worried about a drop back below 160, and I wanted the extra margin protection of cash vs shares. Now I'm kicking myself. I guess I will keep selling Puts.
No use crying over spilled milk. We learn from our mistakes, but in this case I am glad I was defensive. Sold some 7/19 -P220 today which will cover about half of my missed opportunity.

I had the opportunity a week or so ago to buy back the 5,000 shares I had lost to CCs after the last ER. I had made enough premium selling Puts that I would have had a slight profit. Effective break even point is $191.5. I didn't buy then because I was worried about a drop back below 160, and I wanted the extra margin protection of cash vs shares. Now I'm kicking myself. I guess I will keep selling Puts.
haiyaa

• Funny
Reactions: Paul_SF
We have a gap 209-223, how to trade this?
Itching to BTC short puts at open, but don't want to miss out on a larger run if we get one.
I'm just going to focus on closing out my ITM weekly short calls with puts, I'll worry about the gap-fill when it comes, have 100x Jan +p150's, so risk of writing puts close to the money is not so great...

Reactions: Jim Holder
I almost got my 600k out of CASH.TO to buy YOLO cheap calls but kept them for my cash secured puts

They would have made a killing

Reactions: juanmedina
locking in profits, +71% overnight

1719928408300.png

1719928502745.png

That's nothing to write home about. The difference between 1 and 3 in how deep the pullback will be is about $3. The big trend is up. Sometimes I list those out to have something to refer back to when things become clearer.

Absent a big miss tomorrow, the squeeze should go on. I wonder how many people actually believed this when I posted it on June 3rd.
View attachment 1061374
A month later
View attachment 1061370

And yet, I know that when the time comes everyone and their mom on X and youtube will act like geniuses who have known this all along. You didn't believe me when I said it's going to go up, will you believe me when I say it's gonna go down?
Thanks @dl003
Been following your TA along with others’. Stayed out of ATM/NTM cc recently because I have ptsd from previous squeezes. Your TA has been excellent. Will start selling OTM cc this week soon once we see some exhaustion. Thanks again. YMMV.

I know charting and technical trading is something one must adjust constantly and make changes but still hilarious how this guy has been dead set on 152 being tested again before the long term liftoff and then posts this where 214 is now the retest line.

This guys analysis has been valuable so no knock on him. Just humorous

• Funny
Reactions: ShareLofty
Im semi expecting 23x in June. For that to happen, we need to see 180 broken this week. The timeline may have got moved up. Mk needs to roll over right now, otherwise this next leg up can make the 139-199 run look like child play.
The timing here was semi-wrong but not the point. The point here is the "child play" part. It's the reason I've been super skittish for the last 2 months. The 1st leg in TSLA is rarely, if ever, the strongest. If the 1st leg went $60 in 5 days, be very afraid of the 2nd. This is not it. No sign of exhaustion yet.