Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensing what isn't there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pretty interesting question and would love to hear anyone else's experience with this. Sometimes when I approach my MX, I will press the Fob to open the door. Sometimes, I will just let it automatically open which is the setting I have chosen also. What occurs every now and then is that it will only open a crack. I get in and look at the screen and it shows the curved line on the Driver's side that signifies that something is close to that door. However, there is nothing close to the door. Nothing near it at all. It does not seem to go away until I put the car in drive. I have googled this and found a lot of stuff about the Falcon Wing doors but nothing on the front door. Thoughts?

Leo

Thanks for response but no, that is not the issue. When I use the Fob, I am well away from the car. Also, after I get in and look at the screen, that is when I see the line sensing something beside the car door. I can close the car door and the line is still there as if there is another car or something else close to the door but there isn't. After I close the door, I can press the button on the screen to open it and again it only opens a crack because it "senses" something next to it. Pretty crazy.