Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Cam not clear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all,
First time post. Thought i would ask here before a service request. Does anyone else have a camera (my case the drivers side) that either does not record(0byte files) and when it it does record it’s pixelated? All other cameras look good. I am worried that my lane change might be affected.

hi all,
First time post. Thought i would ask here before a service request. Does anyone else have a camera (my case the drivers side) that either does not record(0byte files) and when it it does record it’s pixelated? All other cameras look good. I am worried that my lane change might be affected.
I've reported the same issue to Tesla and in this forum thread: Sentry Mode
I'm writing to report camera recording issues with both the dashcam and sentry mode features on my Model 3 (with 2019.5.15 software). I'm seeing that my parked car is now continually recording video from the front, left and right "repeater" cameras even when sentry mode is not enabled.

When sentry mode is enabled, I'm seeing that my "left repeater" camera files are often corrupted: the entire bottom half of the frame is often green and distorted, the compression is often screwed up so badly that moving objects are left smeared across the frame and sometimes the video file is simply empty (zero file length). The corruption appears to occur mostly with the left camera, though the partial green frame also sometimes happens with the right camera. The front camera seems to work normally, although I would argue that the compression is too high because in rain or snow conditions you can't make out any details. (This last issue is not new with 2019.5.14.)