Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Live View

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded 2022.36.8.5 yesterday and no sentry mode live view for my model S. All the other Autopilot beta cars got it but they’re also Model 3 and Y. Is this just a feature for Model 3 and Y cars?

I have premium connectivity and iOS and no option to turn it on in safety and security, nothing int he updated app.

If so…This is very sad. I was looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpandes
My wife’s Model 3 has the live view option, but my Model S does not. My wife’s 2019 Model 3 on 2021.36.8 does not have the FSD beta, and does not have the pedestrian warning speakers.

My Model S is on 2021.36.8.5, with the FSD Beta, and no “live view” option is present in the car’s security settings, and my iPhone does not display the “view live camera” option in the remote app. My early 2018 is a Model S 100D that was upgraded to HW3 and MCU2.

Upvote 0
It seems for some reason that Sentry Live View was limited to M3 and MY for those in the FSD Beta software branch. I received the 10.4 (2021.36.8.5) and no Live View in my MS. The release notes on TeslaFi (Notateslapp) indicate this too. Oddly, other non beta branches DO include it for the MS. Only requirements are MCU2 and HW2.5+

Upvote 0
I may be completely wrong but from what I can figure out, firmware releases have started to split in two branches. There's the FSD beta branch and the non-FSD beta branch of software updates.

FSD beta firmwares tend to be a release behind [in features] than the non-FSD branch. For example, non-FSD version 2021.36.8 has the "Sentry Mode Live Camera Access", which only came recently on the FSD beta branch of 2021.36.8.5.
On the other hand, non-FSD version 2021.40 has TIDAL and the new "Traffic Aware Cruise Control Chime", which will probably come for FSD testers when they update to 2021.40.5.

It seems for some reason that Sentry Live View was limited to M3 and MY
This is still the case, but also Palladium Model S and the very very few Palladium Model X get them too, as @McQ14 can confirm.
Only requirements are MCU2 and HW2.5+
The misconception here is that Notateslapp mislabeled the tag (seen in the dark gray oval) but not the vehicle identificators (seen in the light gray ovals):
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.13.58 a.m..png

The best proof of this is that all Model S' with the non-FSD 2021.36.8 software version that have Sentry Mode Live Camera Access listed on TeslaFi are Palladiums.

Green has confirmed that the Sentry Mode Live Camera Access is not even complied for MCU2 hardware on any of the [current] firmware versions:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.53.37 a.m..png

So I think we just have to wait and see how this Sentry Mode Live Camera Access pans out for pre-Palladium Model S' and X's, specially considering the Talkback Darth Vader voice feature will only work on some Raven vehicles that have the pedestrian speaker installed, of which there are very few.

Upvote 0
My wife’s Model 3 has the live view option, but my Model S does not. My wife’s 2019 Model 3 on 2021.36.8 does not have the FSD beta, and does not have the pedestrian warning speakers.

My Model S is on 2021.36.8.5, with the FSD Beta, and no “live view” option is present in the car’s security settings, and my iPhone does not display the “view live camera” option in the remote app. My early 2018 is a Model S 100D that was upgraded to HW3 and MCU2.
I just talked to a Tesla rep and was told that only model 3 Y AND LATE 2021-22 MODEL X S ONLY

Upvote 0
Just downloaded 2022.36.8.5 yesterday and no sentry mode live view for my model S. All the other Autopilot beta cars got it but they’re also Model 3 and Y. Is this just a feature for Model 3 and Y cars?

I have premium connectivity and iOS and no option to turn it on in safety and security, nothing int he updated app.

If so…This is very sad. I was looking forward to this.
A Tesla rep called me today and said that only 3 Y and late 2021-22 S and X will offer live sentry mode , That's a bummer ,He also said that we need to complain .

Upvote 0