Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode and other profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick questions. Just got my M3P yesterday and it’s going in for tint/ppf tomorrow. My question is in regards to profiles and how some of the functions work. So currently my wife and I each have our own profile and we both have sentry mode turned on. Obviously I want to turn this off while the car is being worked on so if I was to turn off sentry mode in my profile will it stay off or does my wife need to turn it off on here as well? I’m still figuring out how some of the functions work and if a change is made on my profile will it override hers as well or if she needs to make the same changes as well on hers? Thanks

Sentry is profile specific, learned that the hard way.

You have to go into each profile and turn on if you want it on when that profile is used. Whichever profile was last set governs the sentry settings.

It was not nice coming back to a vicious door ding and figuring out that sentry was not on in the current profile but is on in all the other profiles!