Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode battery drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone having issues since the update to Sentry mode with their battery?

For starters, I set my home address to not be included, but it keeps on turning on.

Also, the battery is dropping like crazy since the update. Yesterday I parked at 8pm at 62% battery. Today at 5pm with no vehicle usage, its at 40%.

22% battery drain over 19 hours without the vehicle being is crazy. Especially as before I hardly ever had to charge.

4 month old Model 3 btw

It doesn’t matter if there is any activity or events recorded, the power usage is the same. Sentry mode (along with dash cam) is constantly recording the 4 cameras when enabled. When an event happens, the video is then marked to be saved instead of overwritten.

It doesn’t put the cameras to sleep and then only start up the cameras when it detects motion nearby.

Is anyone having issues since the update to Sentry mode with their battery?

For starters, I set my home address to not be included, but it keeps on turning on.

Also, the battery is dropping like crazy since the update. Yesterday I parked at 8pm at 62% battery. Today at 5pm with no vehicle usage, its at 40%.

22% battery drain over 19 hours without the vehicle being is crazy. Especially as before I hardly ever had to charge.

4 month old Model 3 btw
You must have an issue other than drain due to Sentry Mode. The "normal cost" of Sentry Mode in my case is:
MY 2022. Idle drain: 45% down to 27% over a 64 hour period parked. Sentry Mode plus whatever the car needs. I will have checked the cameras about 4or 5 times during that period and thereby exacerbating the drain.

Was it a hot day with cabin overheat protection on by chance?

As other have suggested, a routine computer reboot every few weeks is never a bad idea. I forgot to do mine for a while so the car kindly did a couple for me this morning as I went to leave for work.