Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode doesn’t show live camera view anymore. 2022 Model Y performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am driving a Model Y 2022 performance. I have never had any problems with my Sentry mode live cameras. However, it stopped working on my mobile app. I am on latest version 2022.44.2. The message has been coming “Error Please try again”. I have done some troubleshooting sitting in the car like turning View live camera on and of couple of times. But still the same. Reinstalling the Tesla app. Tried on wifi, 5G. However, it still doesn’t work.

Attachments

• CF072679-8334-4665-9981-FB6B34733305.jpeg
    CF072679-8334-4665-9981-FB6B34733305.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 608
  • 0CC89AD0-9272-41F6-B579-D67708EB5A4A.png
    0CC89AD0-9272-41F6-B579-D67708EB5A4A.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 511
I think run some troubleshooting steps.
1. Remove VPN if your phone has one.
2. Restart your phone even if you dont have VPN.
3. Log out from your Tesla app and log in back.
4. Check your car’s internet connectivity subscription.
5. Reset your car screen.
6. Make sure you have updated Tesla app and you are running a latest upgrade on your car.
7. Make sure “View Camera App switch is on” on your car’s screen. Even if its on. Just turn it off and turn back on.

These are the troubleshooting steps I did and it started working.

Good luck

Upvote 0
A bit late to join this thread, but I've been unable to view the Model Y cameras on my Android 13 mobile despite being on software v 2023.20, latest app version, internet connectivity, etc.

I've finally figured it out and got it to work. It reached the screen showing the car outline and the camera positions, then either reverted to the previous screen, or simply stuck there (waiting for something?). The fixes were:
1. I use a VPN (Nord) and this needs to be turned off completely, not just paused.
2. It is necessary to grant the app ALL permissions in app settings, including microphone and video. My Tesla app had some of the permissions turned off, possibly during the app transfer from my old android phone.

Hopefully this might help others.

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r
Upvote 0
A bit late to join this thread, but I've been unable to view the Model Y cameras on my Android 13 mobile despite being on software v 2023.20, latest app version, internet connectivity, etc.

I've finally figured it out and got it to work. It reached the screen showing the car outline and the camera positions, then either reverted to the previous screen, or simply stuck there (waiting for something?). The fixes were:
1. I use a VPN (Nord) and this needs to be turned off completely, not just paused.
2. It is necessary to grant the app ALL permissions in app settings, including microphone and video. My Tesla app had some of the permissions turned off, possibly during the app transfer from my old android phone.

Hopefully this might help others.
FYI, Nord VPN has a feature called split tunneling. Put the Tesla app in there and you should be OK.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, which I did implement successfully. It was also useful as a reminder today in my seemingly endless quest to get Charge Stats reinstated on my phone. After clearing up the duplicate Tesla profiles that resulted when I first set up my new phone, then rebooting both car and phone and re-installing the App, I'd missed the final factor - redo tunnelling after the Tesla App re-install, as my NordVPN loses the setting.

It seems that Tesla do not like VPN - on my laptop, where there isn't an app, I need to turn off VPN completely to access my Tesla account because just suspending it temporarily doesn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Piggybacking this so I don't open a new thread.

New Model Y, SR, latest update installed (didn't activate advanced update), delivered in Europe.

Regardless if I activate sentry from the iPhone or from the car, I don't see that blue link below "Sentry Mode" to be able to go in and view live cam.

I'm on Premium Connectivity, and I've activated the Live Video Link or whatever it's now called in the settings.

Don't know if it matters but I have object based detection activated.

Don't know if this happened to anyone else.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 16.28.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 16.28.03.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0