Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode exclude home off by 50 feet or so

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to sclude home from Sentry mode so that it doesn't stay on all the time.

However, when I put in my address it's off by about 50 feet so doesn't recognize it as being home. I've tried to modify my address a little bit and put in my neighbor's address but it still pinpoints to the street and my garage is. 65 feet from the street.

I had similar issues, don't entirely trust Nav to correctly detect when I'm home. "Tessie" appears to allow me to geomodify my address location, and to some degree area of precision. I was having similar issues and started using Tessie with "On arrival" commands that included "Stop Sentry". I simply move the "location circle" to the most likely boundary I needed and enlarged it as far as possible.

Testing continues, but this appears to have closed he issue for me.

I would like to sclude home from Sentry mode so that it doesn't stay on all the time.

However, when I put in my address it's off by about 50 feet so doesn't recognize it as being home. I've tried to modify my address a little bit and put in my neighbor's address but it still pinpoints to the street and my garage is. 65 feet from the street.
People which have this problem (their garage being far away from the street), they have requested Google maps to correct the location of their address and it seems to work after Google processes the request (they aren't necessarily using the "Home" setting for Sentry exclusion, but for other things like charge stats).

Example here:
Charge Stats - Home vs Other charge

You can also try to add a custom pin and set that as a favorite (press and hold) and then as home. I haven't tried this myself, so it might not be possible, just from memory I remember it is possible to press and hold a custom pin.

Reactions: Minnie Pearl
I have seen similar, like Tess thinks my work location is the other side of campus. TESLA REQUEST - please add a button to the nav sccreen to accept "Make this location my home" and "Make this locatio my work".

Reactions: Mithgul
People which have this problem (their garage being far away from the street), they have requested Google maps to correct the location of their address and it seems to work after Google processes the request (they aren't necessarily using the "Home" setting for Sentry exclusion, but for other things like charge stats).

Example here:
Charge Stats - Home vs Other charge

You can also try to add a custom pin and set that as a favorite (press and hold) and then as home. I haven't tried this myself, so it might not be possible, just from memory I remember it is possible to press and hold a custom pin.
Requested from Google setting home at a pin on my driver's seat and this resolved the issue 100%. It's now 100% accurate. :D

It is kinda scary knowing how accurate this stuff is knowing we are tracked all day long.

• Informative
Reactions: stopcrazypp

After 2½ years my legacy S has started enabling sentry mode in the garage despite being excluded, address is correct ...coincided with the last update.
Have to keep switching it off through the app otherwise it's stays awake all night.

Interested to know if anyone else has this issue.👍

After 2½ years my legacy S has started enabling sentry mode in the garage despite being excluded, address is correct ...coincided with the last update.
Have to keep switching it off through the app otherwise it's stays awake all night.

Interested to know if anyone else has this issue.👍

That sucks, but seems par for the course for Tesla. I suspect that v11 was the beginning of a rewrite of their software, because they've broken so many things that were working perfectly. They do seem to eventually get around to fixing the newly introduced bugs, but they really shouldn't happen to begin with.

I had similar issues, don't entirely trust Nav to correctly detect when I'm home. "Tessie" appears to allow me to geomodify my address location, and to some degree area of precision. I was having similar issues and started using Tessie with "On arrival" commands that included "Stop Sentry". I simply move the "location circle" to the most likely boundary I needed and enlarged it as far as possible.

Testing continues, but this appears to have closed he issue for me.