Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode excluding home not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the meantime, are you able to manually turn off Sentry Mode from the touchscreen as you exit your car in the garage and have it remain off? Obviously, not the preferred behavior, but should help with your vampire drain concern until you find a fix.

When your car is parked in your garage, what address does the app on your phone say is the current location? Does that match your real address? If the two are different, try setting your home address to the address that your vehicle thinks it's at when parked in your garage.

I had this same issue. The app showed me parked at a different location but I was at home. I didn’t want to change my home address as I live in a community and the Nav does take me to the right location. I solved by making the mystery address a Favorite, then I excluded favorites from Sentry Mode.

That was a good and clever idea. I don't want my absolute exact address showing in my car anyway. I also don't put a address label on my house key. Thanks @Riguy for this the tip.

I had this same issue. The app showed me parked at a different location but I was at home. I didn’t want to change my home address as I live in a community and the Nav does take me to the right location. I solved by making the mystery address a Favorite, then I excluded favorites from Sentry Mode.
I'm have the opposite behavior. The car recognizes my home address correctly and behaves accordingly for Sentry Mode exclusion, mirror folding, HomeLink, etc. However, navigation always tells me to turn the wrong direction to enter the driveway to my house. Luckily, I know where I live. :D

I am having the same issue - Sentry Mode is staying on while in my garage. My wife keeps telling me the car is winking at her whenever she passes by. For now, I am manually turning it off. Because I have never had a car with a security system, I am a little worried that I will forget to turn it back on when I leave home.

My Subaru Outback had a similar problem to Bluestar E3. The car's NAV would never recognize that it was facing south when I pulled it into my garage. My street runs east-west and the NAV would never recognize the last turn into the garage. Is there some kind of quirk in GPS systems that would account for this? Can't help but wonder if the two issues are somehow related.

When your car is parked in your garage, what address does the app on your phone say is the current location? Does that match your real address? If the two are different, try setting your home address to the address that your vehicle thinks it's at when parked in your garage.
Brilliant! The address changes to my neighbor depending on which side of the garage I park my car.

My Home location in the navigation app and mobile app are different. It seems the auto sentry mode take the mobile app location rather the navigation app which is the correct one!
So, as someone suggested here, I entered the address in the navigation app as shown in the mobile app, and then saved it as favorites. Then exclude the favorites for sentry mode. Bingo, it works! Now when I park at home the Sentry mode is automatically disabled.