Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was really hoping to see who left this letter for me today but unfortunately sentry didn’t trigger somehow! The rest of the day was recorded normally with other people walking by. For the record, it’s not residential parking only, I can’t park downtown because it’s 2hr limit only and my work doesn’t give me a place to park. And I’ve lived in this town since high school. And I’m not a hipster. And I was there “giving a little” by working with homeless and addicts all day lol
15A836FA-4AEC-44ED-A2B0-8AEB6C37728D.jpeg

I was really hoping to see who left this letter for me today but unfortunately sentry didn’t trigger somehow! The rest of the day was recorded normally with other people walking by. For the record, it’s not residential parking only, I can’t park downtown because it’s 2hr limit only and my work doesn’t give me a place to park. And I’ve lived in this town since high school. And I’m not a hipster. And I was there “giving a little” by working with homeless and addicts all day lol
View attachment 612189
He's just Jelly. Never be ashamed of you accomplishments =)

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but today I wanted to review a sentry clip and it kept on freezing and skipping back to the begining just a second before the trigger point (red dot). I proceeded to view all of the old clips and 75% of them had similar problems.

Do I need a better USB drive? I currently have a USB 3, 64GB one. What is the problem?

I’ve had the freezing and skipping sporadically. In later firmware releases it has been almost not existent so I don’t know if it’s related to the storage at all. Initially. I thought it could be storage. However, I notice a similar issue sometimes when just having the live cameras up and onscreen so that might imply it’s not storage?

I noticed in the latest firmware just started going out today that the release notes say that sentry panic event will no be storage on internal (MCU?) storage and to view save the footage you must have usb storage attached and click save icon in viewer. I think this is mention to help situations where pressing honk has lost time in the recording around the time where the honk occurred.