Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not turning on when leaving the house for short drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a minimum drive time/distance for sentry mode to re-enable when leaving home?

Several times I’ve noticed when my wife drives to a store close by it does not turn on. It’s maybe a 3-5 min drive and it’s less than a mile away. Probably less than half a mile honestly. I’ve only ever noticed it when it’s short drives like that.

Also, is the dash cam auto turned on regardless if sentry mode settings so long as I have it to auto? Or is that linked to sentry mode turning on?

Dashcam is always active. If the Sentry Mode icon at the bottom of the screen does not show a red dot when you are getting ready to exit the Tesla vehicle you can tap the Dashcam icon to ensure that Sentry Mode will be active after you exit, lock the Tesla vehicle.

Dashcam is always active. If the Sentry Mode icon at the bottom of the screen does not show a red dot when you are getting ready to exit the Tesla vehicle you can tap the Dashcam icon to ensure that Sentry Mode will be active after you exit, lock the Tesla vehicle.
[Correction] The Sentry Mode icon (a red dot (when active) surrounded by a grey circle) appears at the top of the screen next to the outside air temperature.