Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode (Update: didn’t set up the proper folder, now working)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*Now getting error msg:
USB drive write speed is too slow for Dashcam
Use a drive that can write at 4 MB/s or higher

I see some shopping is in order :)

Before you go shopping, if this drive worked before, try formatting it in your PC and retrying it. That number isn't adequate to buy a drive you know will work. I just tested my drive and depending on the block size written, the speeds were anywhere between 10 MB/s and 0.32 MB/s. It worked for months and filled up. Then the car started complaining that it wasn't fast enough. I bet when I put it back in tomorrow after having been formatted it will work just fine.

Before you go shopping, if this drive worked before, try formatting it in your PC and retrying it. That number isn't adequate to buy a drive you know will work. I just tested my drive and depending on the block size written, the speeds were anywhere between 10 MB/s and 0.32 MB/s. It worked for months and filled up. Then the car started complaining that it wasn't fast enough. I bet when I put it back in tomorrow after having been formatted it will work just fine.

I put it back in today and it still isn't working. Guess I'll be shopping for a new drive now. This one was 16 GB, be looking for at least 32, maybe more. But it has to be a tiny unit so it doesn't stick out of the USB socket very far. This one was nice in that it was sort of short, but very sleek without much bulk. Shorter will be better.