Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the car was still being made (pre delivery) - I thought I saw a message (now I cant find it) indicating that the cam only variant will have will have camera dependent features (like Sentry Mode) deployed in waves as they fully bring the neural system on line (very Cyber Dyne ish LOL)
I definitely recall the notices (warnings? ha) but I thought those were limited to things like Smart Summon and I can't recall what else. I did not believe it was Sentry. Let me see if I can find it...

When the car was still being made (pre delivery) - I thought I saw a message (now I cant find it) indicating that the cam only variant will have will have camera dependent features (like Sentry Mode) deployed in waves as they fully bring the neural system on line (very Cyber Dyne ish LOL)
Found it:

For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

• Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 75 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
  • Smart Summon (if equipped) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may be disabled at delivery.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.

Found it:

For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

• Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 75 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
  • Smart Summon (if equipped) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may be disabled at delivery.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.

That was the one - thanks

Reactions: FMSCMYP
For anyone testing: did you confirm that the door did not unlock for you if you tried the door handle? This confirms that the car is locked (even testing at a neighbor's home might be close enough to your programmed "home" location to prevent locking and that any phone/fob configured as a key is not in signal range. If the door won't unlock for you, you should be able to get sentry to do some recording.

For anyone testing: did you confirm that the door did not unlock for you if you tried the door handle? This confirms that the car is locked (even testing at a neighbor's home might be close enough to your programmed "home" location to prevent locking and that any phone/fob configured as a key is not in signal range. If the door won't unlock for you, you should be able to get sentry to do some recording.
Yup. So I had tested at home. Removed excluding home. Left my phone inside, turned off Bluetooth, push on the car, hit the door handle. Just asked for a key card but no sentry event.

Yup. So I had tested at home. Removed excluding home. Left my phone inside, turned off Bluetooth, push on the car, hit the door handle. Just asked for a key card but no sentry event.

@FMSCMYP thanks for confirming, just thought it would be good to rule out some possibly non-intuitive system behavior that could cause confusion. Sounds like you've covered your bases and something is still amiss. Time for a service ticket in the app, I guess?

@FMSCMYP thanks for confirming, just thought it would be good to rule out some possibly non-intuitive system behavior that could cause confusion. Sounds like you've covered your bases and something is still amiss. Time for a service ticket in the app, I guess?
Thanks I appreciate the help. I tried to rule things out but I am always impressed with the solutions others come up with out there so figured I’d fish for something. Have a mobile service tomorrow so fingers crossed. Sounds like such an odd issue given everything else working.

I just got my car back from servicing some minor defects and brought up the sentry mode issue. They said they'll 'take a look' at it and reported back that "it is working. We did check the logs and performed a couple of tests." Got home and did everything that's been discussed on here and still nothing...

I just got my car back from servicing some minor defects and brought up the sentry mode issue. They said they'll 'take a look' at it and reported back that "it is working. We did check the logs and performed a couple of tests." Got home and did everything that's been discussed on here and still nothing...
Yea had a mobile service to fix tiny things. They are working on remote diagnostics for the Sentry issue. It definitely is not working and not unique to just my car. They haven't yet alleged that it is working. Sure just seems like a weird line of code on the new/Vision only cars that I suspect will get fixed soon enough. Not sure if I posted here. Oddly, my Sentry was going nuts the other day when we had really bad storms. Storms, hard rain, set it off. My pushing on the car and pulling the door handle without keys/phone does not.

So following the latest software update it began working but now I have a new problem. Came back this morning to 913 events that have "occurred" in about 14 hrs. I think its related to the way cameras see the LED lighting in my building's garage. When I back out of my parking spot I can see the LED lights dancing and showing full spectrum of colors. It's a crazy color show and it only happens in my garage, must be the wavelength of those particular LED lights. That color dance is probably triggering the Sentry recordings. For the time being I disabled it for location Home but I will need to contact Support.

IMG_0692.jpg

So following the latest software update it began working but now I have a new problem. Came back this morning to 913 events that have "occurred" in about 14 hrs. I think its related to the way cameras see the LED lighting in my building's garage. When I back out of my parking spot I can see the LED lights dancing and showing full spectrum of colors. It's a crazy color show and it only happens in my garage, must be the wavelength of those particular LED lights. That color dance is probably triggering the Sentry recordings. For the time being I disabled it for location Home but I will need to contact Support.

View attachment 671334
That's interesting. Mine did not change at all after the software update. And now service just re-pushed the same update to me. Oddly, I think I agree about what's triggering it. Mine did go off like crazy Monday night in really bad weather due to I think down pouring rain, thunder and lightning.

Reactions: s373n

View attachment 671334
Latest code? When was that released?