Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry System Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hayseed_MS

Spreader of "Endless Non Sequitur"
Jan 19, 2021
Strong Badia
Have latest update for several days in the Refresh S with no issues. Today getting the Sentry Mode turning off and telling me it is Sentry System Error.

I have rebooted the system and reformatted the drive. Still happening.

Using the drive supplied with the car new.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been having issues as well (have new refresh S). No icons for sentry or Dashcam appear and I have to invoke with voice command. I’ve V10.2 (2021.12.25.5 25013432ee33). I see I’ve an update on the way so, guess we’ll see if that helps…as al my efforts thus far in re-formatting no try in car and outside of it and swapping USB sticks have been to no avail.

All of them have no icon and need to use voice. Mine has been that way since day one. I think that will be fixed with the V11 software.

My issue just started today (after 1 month with car). The sentry turns itself off and has an error to the app.

Which update are you waiting?

snap.jpg

Man, to eat that dog you'd just get a mouthful of cotton...

Have latest update for several days in the Refresh S with no issues. Today getting the Sentry Mode turning off and telling me it is Sentry System Error.

I have rebooted the system and reformatted the drive. Still happening.

Using the drive supplied with the car new.

Any thoughts?

While not a specific Sentry System Error, I'm unable to actually view any Sentry clips in the viewer; they show up (and I get alerts) but when trying to view, every single video says it can't be played.

Sentry mode itself has been "on" without issue, but I feel like it might as well not be.

While not a specific Sentry System Error, I'm unable to actually view any Sentry clips in the viewer; they show up (and I get alerts) but when trying to view, every single video says it can't be played.

Sentry mode itself has been "on" without issue, but I feel like it might as well not be.
@Hayseed_MS - I know we were likely having different issues, but reformatting my drive outside of the car (via computer) and then putting back into car and having car format again seems to have resolved.

Sentry seemed to have run without issue over the last day (no turning off or missing clips).

Reactions: FunSecured
@Hayseed_MS - I know we were likely having different issues, but reformatting my drive outside of the car (via computer) and then putting back into car and having car format again seems to have resolved.

Sentry seemed to have run without issue over the last day (no turning off or missing clips).
That’s cool/good for you! I think you’re right that there may be different issues involved.

I’ve YET to be able to get the icons for sentry or Dashcam to appear on my refreshed S screen (other than in the cars settings section).

When I activate through voice, now it seems to be recording in Sentry and Dashcam (after the cars latest update), but I still have no icons for either feature as they usually appear and allows you to manually activate or access historical footage.

I’ve re-booted, re-formatted, used a different device..done in and out of the car…I dunno.

Waiting to see if next over air update somehow resolves.
I’ve a Service Center visit coming up so..maybe that will shed some light on it.

That’s cool/good for you! I think you’re right that there may be different issues involved.

I’ve YET to be able to get the icons for sentry or Dashcam to appear on my refreshed S screen (other than in the cars settings section).

When I activate through voice, now it seems to be recording in Sentry and Dashcam (after the cars latest update), but I still have no icons for either feature as they usually appear and allows you to manually activate or access historical footage.

I’ve re-booted, re-formatted, used a different device..done in and out of the car…I dunno.

Waiting to see if next over air update somehow resolves.
I’ve a Service Center visit coming up so..maybe that will shed some light on it.
Yeah, still on the voice activation for launching the viewer here too. I think it's unfinished software - at least I hope so - for the refresh.

Hope the SC visit yields some news (any news).

Reactions: FunSecured