Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sept. 2020, End of Qtr, Free upgrades, NOT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took a few days for mine to show up. I’d already completed all the stuff on my end. Finally when the paperwork side sent my titling and MVPA paperwork into my Tesla account the $1k discount was there on the MVPA as a “referral” discount.
Did your MVPA paperwork show up under the doucments section in your Tesla account? Did the payment method step also update with the correct numbers? Do you remember how long after getting the VIN you received the MVPA?

Also, has anyone had any luck getting a quote through Tesla Insurance? My button to get a quote is not clickable even though I have a VIN.

Did your MVPA paperwork show up under the doucments section in your Tesla account? Did the payment method step also update with the correct numbers? Do you remember how long after getting the VIN you received the MVPA?

Also, has anyone had any luck getting a quote through Tesla Insurance? My button to get a quote is not clickable even though I have a VIN.
I got a quote for my M3. It was around $680 for six months. Just a tad cheaper than what I have with AAA but not enough to make me jump. Side note... I just ran a quote with Ameriprise (thru Costco) and they were super cheap for both auto and home. I've heard they give you low rates to start and then jack them up which is why I'm giving it some thought before I switch. I just moved from Allstate to AAA and the price for home and auto was really good (compared to Allstate).

Good. The MVPA has the -$1500 for the wheels under referral credit (item c) and everything was really seamless. I noticed a couple of panel gaps that they tightened up. Otherwise good experience. I also got the 2k free supercharging from my referral. Happy overall.

Good. The MVPA has the -$1500 for the wheels under referral credit (item c) and everything was really seamless. I noticed a couple of panel gaps that they tightened up. Otherwise good experience. I also got the 2k free supercharging from my referral. Happy overall.

your mvpa changed or no? your earlier post said it didnt reflect the credit so im guessing the day before delivery the mvpa changed?

still waiting on my mvpa, just seems it can change?

Last edited:
You have to play their game to get the free upgrades. Just order a white car with black interior and 18” wheels. They most likely don’t have any in stock and they want to move cars before the end of the month. That’s when they will begin to see what other options they have for an inventory car.

If you tell the sales rep you just want two free upgrades they are most likely going to say sorry that deal is not available.

This is pretty basic Negotiations 101. Nothing new here.

Reactions: axhoaxho
You have to play their game to get the free upgrades. Just order a white car with black interior and 18” wheels. They most likely don’t have any in stock and they want to move cars before the end of the month. That’s when they will begin to see what other options they have for an inventory car.

If you tell the sales rep you just want two free upgrades they are most likely going to say sorry that deal is not available.

Thats what I just did, ordered a blue w white performance. I know there are none in my area.
Waiting for that phone call and if not I can cancel my order. They have the white/white/p3 im looking for though.....
Let the games begin

Reactions: Daniel_6

They had plenty of white w/black and 18s, at least in the store I was at today, but yes, agree that would be the way to go if they were willing to deal. Sound advice.

Ok, so I go into the Tesla store in Woodland Hills. I have a referral code from a buddy.
I sit down with my SA and order the car. I tell him that I want to use my referral code to get the 2000 miles. He tells me that its 9/17 and that the car will be delivered before end of the month and that I will get two years. I take him at his word and do NOT use my referral code. I get the car on Tuesday. I confirm with delivery personnel and it shows in my account that I will be getting 2 years sometime by mid Oct when they process all of the new car sales. I’m fine with that. Then my girlfriend sees my car and promptly goes in and gets one. She took delivery yesterday 9/27. Her SA imputed a referral code. she got the 2000 miles and was promised since she took delivery before 10/1 that she will get the two years as well. So in essence between now and whenever they process the two years, she gets 2000 miles to use. then once it processes the 2000 miles will drop and the two years will go into effect. Makes sense right? I emailed my SA and he is ignoring my emails after telling me its not possible! Yet I saw it with my own eyes, her Tesla app shows 2000 miles. I want the same thing. How do I go about doing it and getting it w/o being a dick. I’ve sent emails stating just the facts and I’ve gotten no where. Any suggestions????

Ok, so I go into the Tesla store in Woodland Hills. I have a referral code from a buddy.
I sit down with my SA and order the car. I tell him that I want to use my referral code to get the 2000 miles. He tells me that its 9/17 and that the car will be delivered before end of the month and that I will get two years. I take him at his word and do NOT use my referral code. I get the car on Tuesday. I confirm with delivery personnel and it shows in my account that I will be getting 2 years sometime by mid Oct when they process all of the new car sales. I’m fine with that. Then my girlfriend sees my car and promptly goes in and gets one. She took delivery yesterday 9/27. Her SA imputed a referral code. she got the 2000 miles and was promised since she took delivery before 10/1 that she will get the two years as well. So in essence between now and whenever they process the two years, she gets 2000 miles to use. then once it processes the 2000 miles will drop and the two years will go into effect. Makes sense right? I emailed my SA and he is ignoring my emails after telling me its not possible! Yet I saw it with my own eyes, her Tesla app shows 2000 miles. I want the same thing. How do I go about doing it and getting it w/o being a dick. I’ve sent emails stating just the facts and I’ve gotten no where. Any suggestions????

Not really what you're asking but I'm curious: Did your girlfriend use your buddy's referral code, or yours? As an owner you get a little sumpn sumpn for referring others ya know.

They CAN give you more miles. It's in their power and it sounds like you'll need to speak to someone else. Maybe visit if needed. After my car was delivered faulty (which they handled very well) I was comp'd a few miles by using a few existing orders which hadn't used referral codes, and assigning them mine. They can do stuff.

If your position is reasonable, you just gotta get the right person. Mind you, I don't know for sure that your position is reasonable, because there may be circumstances I'm not aware of, like "that only applies if the referring party has already taken delivery" or whatever.

If you did not use the referral link to place the order you will not get the 2,000 free miles, regardless of what your salesperson promised you. They can manually input the code and it will be ignored by the team that enables the bonus miles.

The 2 years unlimited supercharging is a new program so I’m still not sure how it is being tracked or managed. I hope it works out for everybody but if you don’t have it in writing be prepared for the worst.