Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sept 29th event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the lack of an event, does anyone believe that dimensional data will be any more available after the 29th? I suppose for those of you who are close with founders, and carry a tape measure.. But I get the feeling Tesla won't be giving us (m)any more answers.

Corporate marketing. My understanding is that a few dozen cars by EOY will be produced for Marketing to use for drive events & some of the betas will be shipped to stores. (And expect the inevitable threads about the quality of beta units - people forget those were 'rough drafts' and not finished product.) After EOY, when the focus is on selling both X and S, I expect we'd see Model X in stores.

Excuse me, bonnie, I might have missed something but just to be sure there's no misunderstanding. (I appreciate your contributions to TMC very much, btw!) Are you saying, you expect Tesla to produce just a few dozen cars by the end of the year (i.e. 31st December 2015)?

Excuse me, bonnie, I might have missed something but just to be sure there's no misunderstanding. (I appreciate your contributions to TMC very much, btw!) Are you saying, you expect Tesla to produce just a few dozen cars by the end of the year (i.e. 31st December 2015)?

A few marketing cars IN ADDITION TO normal production...

Exactly this. I expect the majority of production to go to paying customers.